Xiaomi Miio integration only seeing temp & humidity sensors, no binary (door/window sensors)

Hope this is the right area for this:

A few months ago my Xiaomi stuff just stopped working completely. I’m sure it corresponded with a hass update but I wasn’t checking frequently and don’t know exactly when it stopped working. Fast foward to today, I reinstalled hass fresh ( 0.113.2 ), running docker on synology. Using the Xiaomi Miio integration I was able to successfully link my hub (version 3, I believe) but the integration is ONLY picking up my temp and humidity sensors. I have at least 10 or 15 door/window sensors that I can see through the Xiaomi app but Home Assistant is not registering them. I’ve had them working in the past and so I know they are compatible. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I know your post was ages ago. In case you are still wondering…

There are two integrations for the Xiaomi gateway -

1. Aqara Gateway
    Xiaomi Gateway (Aqara) - Home Assistant

2. Miio Gateway
    Xiaomi Miio - Home Assistant

They will both connect to your gateway.

The first one is more developed. It handles all the common sensors that the gateway connects to.

The second one only has a handful of sensors supported - AFAIK the light sensor on the gateway and the temp/humidity sensor.

The Aqara integration is better, BUT you need the “key” from the gateway to make it work. It was getable like this
https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Xiaomi_Gateway_(Aqara)#Adding_the_Xiaomi_Gateway_to_Domoticz
or

but Xiaomi made it impossible with more recent firmware or app versions. I am not 100% which is responsible.

The Miio integration uses the token and that is more easily getable.

So if you happen to have the key for your gateway, then use the Aqara integration to connect. Else, as you will see from that thread I linked to, it’s not clear how you can get access to the other sensors…