Xiaomi potential new devices (Aqara, EigenStone)

So this is up on Ali now. What do you think, will there be an integration with home assistant?

Aqara Relay is on Ali now.

2 Likes

Very interesting, did you find a manual? I could find many ways to install it, too bad is a bit big to put inside wall sockets, that could limit a lot its use. That black cable is connected to a thermometer?

No, this is antenna

that’s strange: there are tens of aqara devices very tiny and without antenna, why would that bulky object need an antenna?

I guess its designed to be installed inside drywall or enclosures.
Its quite usual for zwave relays to also have a small antenna.

maybe but

49.3 x 46 x 24mm !!!

I agree that it is a bit inconsistent.
Maybe they went with bulky high current relays or something.
I didnt see any internal photos so no way to see if its well/over engineered… or just not space efficient.

What’s wrong? It’s normal size for type 86 box.

when you add the cables plus the switches I don’t think everything will fit inside. I had trouble fitting a Shelly 1, which is a fraction of that box

Gents, could we please return to the original question - is there any way to integrate relay to HA? Have in the Mi home, works perfectly but not in HA.
Cheers

Yes its supported by zigbee2mqtt:

Great, appreciated for the response.

…Now need to find out how to integrate mqtt to HA but surely shouldn’t be a problem.

If you use hassio I recommend to use the mosquiitto broker addon.
Once you set up a broker and connect HA and zigbee2mqtt as clients all the devices autodiscover in HA as they are added in Z2M.

Acknowledged. Thanks again. I’ll give it a try tonight.

Hello,

Is this the only way to add it to Home Assistant? I really want to add this without have to use mqtt.

My idea was to replace a couple of sonoffs with this.

As far as I know the options are zigbee2mqtt and possibly the xiaomi home app - not sure if the api from the xiaomi gateway supports it though

Any update on that subject I want to use the aqara double realy switch without using zigbee2mqtt. Has anyone managed to make it work with the gateway directly?

I’m already using one, but can’t add it directly to home assistant through the xiaomi hub.