Xiaomi Sherlock Smartlock

Hi Russ,
I am using it to open the door, since I have no handle on the outside of my door, just a knob. So the main purpose was to be able to open it from anywhere by phone if me or my family locks out themselves.

However you can also double tap the button in the app to send the command twice. In this way you can use the lock and unlock functionality.

Unfortunately if you would like to use both function with voice control and not only open the door, It can be also done with some extra steps.

An extra sonoff and arduino mini/nano or any other Arduino board to repeat the signal could do the trick.

Regards,
Tamas

Hi Dimitar,

I would not go for the rf enabled sonoff. If you want to use a remote, the bluetooth key which comes with the lock is way more secure than an rf remote which can be easily sniffed and copied.
If you use Zigbee or zwave devices, these are a bit more secure.
And if you use wifi, you can open the door wherever you are, with an rf remote the range is limited to a few hundred meters.

Cheers,

Tamas

Did you find a solution i have the same issue i sent email for all since 1601/2020 i brought this device and fix it but i cant use it until now i have sent many mails for everyone didn’t get any reply anyone have a solution

Same here waiting for reply feom the support team since 16/01/2020 i didnt use the device untill now its just fixed on my door…useless device

So Sherlock smart lock can integrate with HA?

Hello,
did you find any way to flash S2 firmware or overcome these issues by using other chips attached to the M1?
Regards,

Hi any update on this?

Hi is this reliable? I use a similar hack (nodemcu and 10k resistor) and it works, but many times I have to repeat the command (and I s not consistent, sometimes 1 time, sometimes 2 sometimes 3 and even 4). It always works but never know how many times I have to give the open (or close) command

1 Like

Sonoff switch you mean Sonoff SV?

I use my spare fob sometimes and it has the same issue as my esp32 + hacked fob (signal “sent” but no response from door"). So I wonder if it is more of a receiving issue than a transmission issue? The repeats I have set up get it eventually, but add to the lag. I’m still VERY happy with it overall after a few teething issues.

Battery life update: I have not recharged it yet since March 2019. I would estimate I unlock and relock the lock about 2 x lock, 2 x unlock per day (so pretty low usage). I’m impressed with battery life!

My 1st setup. :slight_smile:

And my ESPhome code:

esphome:
  name: sherlockw2
  platform: ESP8266
  board: d1_mini

comment: versao 1 - 04/fev/2020

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_pass
  use_address: 192.168.50.249

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  password: !secret api_pass

ota:
  password: !secret ota_pass

web_server:
  port: 80

switch:
#################
#     home door
#################
  - platform: gpio
    pin:
      number: D3
      inverted: yes
    id: relay
  - platform: template
    name: "porta_fechar"
    icon: "mdi:door-closed-lock"
    turn_on_action:
    - switch.turn_on: relay
    - delay: 500ms
    - switch.turn_off: relay
    name: "porta_abrir"
    icon: "mdi:door-open"
    turn_on_action:
    - delay: 100ms
#################
#     RESTART
#################
  - platform: restart
    name: "shLock Restart"
    id: shLock_led
# LED
    pin: D7
    id: green_pin
    name: "Led Verde"
    icon: mdi:lightbulb
    restore_mode: ALWAYS_ON

sensor:
  - platform: wifi_signal
    name: "shLock WiFi"
    id: shLock_wifi
    icon: mdi:bluetooth
    update_interval: 60s
  - platform: uptime
    name: "shLock Uptime"
    icon: mdi:bluetooth
  - platform: dht
    model: DHT11
    pin:
      number: D5
      mode: INPUT
    temperature:
      name: "shLock Temperatura"
      id: shLock_temp
      icon: mdi:temperature-celsius
    humidity:
      name: "shLock Humidade"
      id: shLock_Humid
      icon: mdi:water-percent
    update_interval: 60s

text_sensor:
  - platform: version
    name: "shLock esp version"

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: "shLock esp status"

no member of my family can activate the Sherlock smart app.
They download the app, activate all permissions and location is open. Enter the phone number (message is: Verify code request failed)
then we try with the email. email link i avtivated. we enter new password (message is: the client session is expired, please try again) All this is done in 60sec of time. Then we try again (message is: Mailbox is bound)
This is the same on 2 diferent phones android 9.0 and 1 iphone. Has anyone have this problem, any fix. Thank you

For those that are having connection issues between the keyfob and the lock, what I did that reduced a lot the number of failure attempts (not completelly but I can say that maybe 90% of the cases are correct the first time and the other 10% are solved with a second attempt) was to increase a little bit the time that the button is pressed and also increasing the pause between clicks to close.

My code for ESPHome is:

esphome:
  name: main_door
  platform: ESP32
  board: lolin_d32

wifi:
  ssid: !secret nombre_wifi
  password: !secret password_wifi

logger:
api:
ota:

switch:
  - platform: restart
    name: "main_door_restart"
    pin:
      number: 0
      inverted: yes
    id: relay
    name: "close_main_door"
    icon: "mdi:gate"
    turn_on_action:
    - delay: 700ms
    name: "open_main_door"
    icon: "mdi:gate"
    turn_on_action:
    - delay: 200ms

I hope this can help you as well.

1 Like

Hi I want to ask if the skerlock s model is compatible with Xiaomi Multimode ZigBee 3.0 WIFI Bluetooth Mesh HomeKit Smart Home Gateway Compatible with Xiaomi Zigbee 2.0.

I finally made it but unfortunately can not open the door because double click does not activate in sonoff, closing the door with one click works ok. Any solution for this?

Hi Klagio,

Yes, for me it is reliable. Probably because the power is not suplied by a battery cell, it is getting constant power and it is also close to the device.
Maybe something is jaming the signal?

Regards,

Tamas

Hi Russ,

If you just want to unlock the door like me, then reverse the lock operation in the app to unlock on one click.
If you would like to use the double click option, you can just use a micro controller (like Arduino mini, nano or any module you find) to repeat the signal like in the code above. Will draw some example for you how to hook it up.

Cheers,

Tamas

Hi Russ,

I think this is the easiest hook up to get both lock and unlock function enabled. If you use an Arduino board which has an output of 3v (like the UNO), you don’t even need the stepdown module(on the second drawing). It requires very little programing and an extra Arduino and sonoff board.kep

Regards,

Tamas

1 Like

Ok, I think this should be useful, thank you. Is there arduino to buy that is already programmed for double signal?