Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner - new Options - Zoning

i’m wondering what are the possible values for the command parameter?

Well, the send_command command should in theory be able to send the direct command to start a zoned cleaning or to send the robot to a specific spot.The commands are: “app_goto_target” and “app_zoned_clean” which then take the coordinates as mentioned above. Unfortunately there is a bug with the parameters (as also mentioned above) - even the given example when you try to call the service does not work. If we get that fixed, it should already work.

May I know where can I find the reference to the commands that you just shared?

Sure. Here is a list of possible commands: XiaomiRobotVacuumProtocol. I also found this post in the iobroker forums useful (beware, it’s the German section).

The problem is we can’t call the command since in HA it wants a dictionary as the parameters.

1 Like

thanks. will look into it and test it myself.

Is this new zoning option for the first gen Xiaomi vacuum cleaner?

Since xiaomi has added this functionality to the v1 through a firmware update, this would also work for the v1, yes.

1 Like

From what I can tell, it’s Android only so far? My vacuum cleaner firmware and iOS app are both up-to-date but don’t have this functionality.

None of my ios or android mi app for v1 vacuum has the zone option, both app/firmware up-to-date.

Well, it is currently on the rollout, even for ios. Just google it and you will find user reporting about the update. It might help to change your region settings on the app to China., since the v1 is often times not even sold in other countries - so they may not provide any updates outside that region.

Hi guys, I updated the app switching from Europe to China Mainland to be able to use all other xiaomi devices that I have. Since that I cannot use the Vacuum with HA and Alexa. Is it changed the token or something else?

About zones, it is not possible to save them so it’s almost impossible to use them (in example if for certain reasons the map changes in size) with automations.

Ciao

Yeah, once you have changed the region you have to register your device again and hence the token gets renewed.

About the zones: If your map size does not change (e.g. after you have mapped your entire apartment), it should stay the same. On the app, mine hasn’t changed at all.

1 Like

If you haven’t a wife that move manually the vacuum into the room she wants to clean :joy:

1 Like

That’s why it would be awesome if she could tell the vacuum to go and clean a specific room that you have preset :wink:

Hey guys,

So I got everyhting up and running and it’s awesome :slight_smile: . I did a little howto on the whole process, so please check it out: Howto xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

Cheers,
ciB

1 Like

Hi guys

Can someone please tell me how good is the Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner in terms of vacuum and cleanliness ?

I am planning to buy the 2nd gen and wanted some tips on how to set its app up and how to link it to HA?

Thanks.

I think it’s great. The mopping feature is neat - don’t expect too much - but it helps to keep everything clean longer. The vacuum is ok in the corners. Since it’s relatively high hight it cannot go underneath a lot if things, so those areas will pile up with dust :wink:

Check out my howto on how to setup and use the vacuum with HA (see above)

Right I see.

But in terms of picking up crumbs, hair etc does it do a good job?

Yes, it does. Even on carpets it’s really good.

I do have my now in daily use (thanks to home automation, start at 10 am if now one is home) since 3 months now, I am more then happy with it.
But I do have only version one as I do not need version two.
I watched a lot reviews and youtube videos, there are thousands of it.
I am not regeretting the decision at all.

1 Like