Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

Sorry, some functions of the the Desk light is supported, but the color temperature isn’t, thanks anyway.

Does this component support the Moonlight mode for Yeelight Ceiling and if it does how to activate it

Hi to everyone,

There is someone who uses the yeelight in HA with synology docker?

In case of yes, works well? how is your configuration in docker and in HA? because in my case, all xiaomi products doesn’t work.
And when i use raspberry, then works.

thanks

Has anyone tried the “Xiaomi Philips Smart LED Ball Lamp - WHITE” from Gearbest?

Description mentions controlling from the Xiaomi App via WiFi, but no mention of Xiaomi Gateway.

Looks like a nice globe with variable white colour temp, 3000-5700k & the price is right.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_644095.html

It’s brand new. Announced a few weeks ago. So I guess nobody knows what protocol inside.

Yup, still brand new so we don’t know what we’re dealing with. The only issue I see is it being only 450 lumens which is kinda weak

The only time I tried ordering something from GearBest was 2 Xiaomi RGBW E27 bulbs. They were never delivered and GearBest did not wanted to refund me (they wanted to offer me a “valuable custumer gift” as 50% discount on the reorder). I had to threaten them to involve the European Consumer Center to get my full refund. I will NEVER get anything else from them…

Well one the other hand I never had issues with them, quite the contrary, they’re the only chinese store I ordered from that never failed to deliver and always answered my questions.

Definitely not compatible with Yeelight’s protocol

I asked on Gearbest and they confirmed as well (in like, 5 minutes!)

Your original question is “Does this bulb support a developer mode like the rest of the Yeelight bulbs?”

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

"

Hello Mike,

Sorry. this bulb not support developer mode.

For the devs out there, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the choice to define the bulb with its mac adress instead of IP address ? My ISP router does not allow for static IPs, therefore if it is rebooted almost all IPs change and I have to update the code for my bulb to work again…

EDIT: I finally managed to get static IP (there was a bug in my router depending on the language you set the interface, wtf). Anyway, it should be cool to have hass manage dynamic adress I think

1 Like

The problem with the mac address is that it’s not so easy to find it out versus trying to connect to an IP address. However, if you are using the hass’ discovery, the bulbs will be named after the MAC, e.g. light.yeelight_rgb_286c07acaaa.

yes I know, but when you declare the bulb in light: you must set the ip adress of the bulb. So I was asking if it was feasible to modify the component to make it accept the mac adress (or even the name) in order to easier for the user…

Hi. Can i turn off bulb with transition i automations? I tried this in automations.yaml and it’s not working

action:
  service: light.turn_off
  entity_id:
    - light.bathroom
  data:
    transition: 3   

I tried transition: 3000 but it’s the same bulb turns off immediately. Or a have to use script?

1 Like

Maybe instead of turn off you could set brightness to 0. In the end the result will be the same, but you may have a nice transition that way…

1 Like

Thanks for tip. I will try that. :slight_smile:

In logs i see that my white Yeelight is recognized as color bulb, type=BulbType.Color. Is that OK? And i simply can not make transitions to work. Can anyone share their working transition in automation? Thanks.

1 Like

Compared to milight light bulbs avaliable in my home setup, the yeelight colors are a little bit off. For instance if i set rgb:255,0,0 the color produced is a little bit yellowish. The problem at first seemed like a little hue offset but the offset changes. In the red region the produced hue is bigger(yellowish). While on the blue side the produced hue is smaller (on the green side). I also send a description from mihome app. Is there a way to fix this?

I think there is no way to have perfectly identical colors when you use different brands of bulbs. The light representation is hardware dependent, it changes with each brand, as the leds inside the bulbs are different (types, number,…), the plastic diffuser of the bulb has not the same color, thickness, diffusivity, transparency,…

I have LIFX and yeelight, and I had to fine tune the color_temp by trial and errors to get more or less the same whites on both. (LIFX is at 3200K, yeelight at 2985K). For the color the problem is the same than for the whites, but as I do not use color that much I did not bother to find the ‘perfect’ equilibrium.

I understand the different hardware, the plastics etc. The problem is more like: when I send rgb 255,0,0 only the red leds must light up. But I can see the green leds turning on too, giving a yellow hue. And when I send the rgb 0,0,255 I also see the green leds powering up. This looks like a conversion error in software more or less, not something with the hardware.