Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

Ah ok, I did not get that. :smiley:
I just looked very quickly in the components code, I think that during the conversion, floats are transformed in integer at some point, and that leads to small errors, like your 255,0,0 may become after conversion 254,0,1 for instance. I can’t help you more on that topic, that is beyond the scope of my capacity. sorry :disappointed:

Thank you. I’ll try to make the mapping when I have the time.

I managed to message the firm. They replied that their bulbs simulate natural light and use cie 1931. so that when rgb (255 0 0) is used, the green channel is not necessarily 0. I asked for the values required for pure red, green and blue and didn’t have a return yet.

Also some other user reported that his colors are also off. The pure red has changed to yellow etc. They might fix this in another firmware update hopefuly.

1 Like

I hope this is the correct place for this problem I’m struggling with all day…:
I want to have different transition times for my Yeelight, obveously I can set the ‘default’ transition in my configuration via:

light:
  platform: yeelight
   devices:
     192.168.178.38:
       name: main
       transition: 500

but now if I want to have a scene with a longer transition time I thought I could simply create a scene like:

name: dim
  entities:
    light.main:
      state: on
      brightness: 255
      color_temp: 320
      transition: 2000

but this does only quickly turn on the light about 2 minutes 30 seconds after I activate the scene…
What am I doing wrong?

Added my two Xiaomi Desk Lamps using the Yeelight component yesterday and managed to control them using the front end, including effect, temperature and brightness. :slight_smile:

Seems to work fine most of the time, thus I noticed that they get unavailable at some time. Not sure if it is because the connection with the router (powerline and wifi) is a bit flaky in the room where I have them or other issues…

I have 3 RGB Yeelights and 1 Yeelight LED Strip. They work almost perfectly well. However the lights goes to “unavailable” state now and then which sometimes causes automations to fail turning on (or off) a light… Anybody know a fix? Im running Hass.io and have updated Yeelights to latest firmware.

When ‘unavailable’ check if they are reachable via the phone app. This should tell you if it is an issue with Hass or an issue with your wifi connection.

Ok, it seems to be no problem via the app. If You look at the “history” of your lights, do they ever become unavailable?

Only when they lose power (switched off manually) or there is a wifi issue.

Sorry for many questions but does “wifi problems” happend often for you? I never experience any problems with my wifi (very small apartment) yet yeelights goes unavailable very often :confused:

I see it quite often in the log, never caused any failure but that might just be down to luck. Don’t think the WiFi is going down at all.

I was a bit too early to say that it works fine…

Also I do not think the Unavailable issue is a connection problem any longer, my two desk lamps are positioned 2m from each other and the unavailable status are not in happening at the same time.

I have that light yeelight e27 with latest firmware 1.4.1_52 and all my xiaomi products work expect this light :frowning: what can I do to fix it?

Did you put it in developer mode?

Yldp02yl that is my model number and yes i have developer mode activated on xiaomi home app.

I recall someone having trouble when using the home app. I would reset your bulb (5x power cycle) download the yeelight app and try that route.

You need to activate the developer mode in Yeelight app. The yeelight bulbs are not from Xiaomi even when they are supported and controllable through the Mi Home app.

Hi!

I’m using these lights on my Google Home with the emulated_hue component. Anyone knows how to activate scenes? I want to be able to turn on certain color, brightness, etc. by voice.

Thank you!

Hi pals!

Is there any way to set custom colors? In the Xiaomi Mi Home you can use favorite colors or recommended ones. Any way we could set up something like that?

Thanks!

Think the only way to do it with emulated_hue would be to create a script for each state you want and expose each as a separate instance but no reason it wouldn’t work.