Yale Conexis L1

For anyone else facing this issue (i had same timeouts in log) for ZWave JS i managed to add the connexis LS lock by using legacy secure inclusion method

I’m experiencing an oddity, where the unlock function works fine, however once the Conexis is unlocked, it becomes unresponsive, only recovering once the auto-lock relocks, or the door is manually relocked.
Therefore it’s never possible to lock the Conexis via z-wave.

Has anyone else experienced this? TIA!

2021-11-29_17-06-54

I have been struggling with add my Conexis L1 today. These are the steps to complete the secure pairing. All the information is in this thread and assumes you have Z-Wave JS integration already setup.

This is using Home Assistant 2021.12.4 and Z-Wave JS 0.1.50.

If the device Conexis L1 is already pair in a non-secure way it needs to be removed.

1. In HA: Configuration → Devices and Services (integrations) → Z-Wave JS → CONFIGURE → REMOVE DEVICE
  2. On the lock remove the cover to expose the Z-Wave module. Press the ‘R’ button three times with 1.5 seconds.
  3. In HA: Press START EXCLUSION. The device should now be removed.

The device now need to be securely added.

1. In HA: Configuration → Devices and Services (integrations) → Z-Wave JS → CONFIGURE → ADD DEVICE
  2. On the lock remove the cover to expose the Z-Wave module. Press the ‘R’ button three times with 1.5 seconds.
  3. When the device is discovered a 5-digit pin number will be requested. The 5-digit pin number are the first five digits on the z-wave module. These are underlined.
  4. Enter the 5-digit pin number and let the secure pairing complete. This takes some time so the dialog can be closed.

Hope this helps someone as the information is out there but all over the place.

4 Likes

Hey,
how are you getting on with the Yale L1 Conexis on zwavejs i’m currently on the Z-Wave (deprecated) version as I’ve read a while ago it won’t show you who unlocked the door last unless it was done with a different key.

currently my HA updates with who and when the door was unlocked regardless if it’s the same key.

All setup but I do have the issue you mention. I cannot find the ID of key used to unlock the door. That said, I haven’t looked into detail yet to address this. I appreciate that this is an issue but I would expect a solution can be found… just haven’t found it yet.

Perhaps someone else on this thread knows how to get the ID of the key used.

@GeoffAtHome
I keep seeing people accessing more data from the z wave logs.

I stumbled on the below and asked if anyone used it with L1 yet didn’t get a response.

I’ve been really hesitant in switching over and digging around myself as I use the key ID very heavily and don’t want to be stuck unable to switch back.

If you could, I would really appreciate if you can confirm its possible. :smiley:

User ID maybe found here:

@phairplay tracking users is fine. Straight forward to setup once you know you have to look on the event bus for information.

1 Like

So is it stored in the z wave notification?
Does it update everytime the door is unlocked even with the same key?

Trigger on lock/unlock and detect who unlocked the door. Filter out manual lock/unlock from indoors.

1 Like

Thank you for helping confirm this information I really appreciate it.

where is the information found, have you crested a sensor?

I have a Connexis L1 which has been excellent for over a year, however in the last 2 weeks has gone through a set of battery’s. Anyone else noticed an increase in battery usage? Reading online it seems to be common with certain ZWave controllers.

I have 3 Conexis L1 locks installed, the battery life on them (with rechargeable AA batteries in them) is 3-6 months depending on frequency of use, I did have an issue with the front door once, where the lock went through a set of batteries in a couple of weeks. I found out that in my case it was caused as the lock bolt and keeper weren’t perfectly aligned. I was told that the lock usually runs the motor driving the bolt in a low power mode, but if it has difficulty locking the bolt then it tries in a high power mode, which drains the batteries a lot faster. Once it has been successful in high power mode it stays in high power mode.

I fixed my issue by adjusting the lock keeper, and then power cycling the lock (removing and replacing the batteries), and have had good battery life (for rechargeable batteries) ever since.

1 Like

Interesting. Weirdly, now you say it, my lock has an entity which shows as “Lock Jammed” and is displaying “Problem”. Even power cycling the lock doesn’t get rid of it. The lock works fine, not sure what it’s referring to, as it’s clearly not jammed.

So brand new set of batteries have lasted 8 days all told, with probably 10 open/ closes (we’ve been set isolating). Seems to be the Z-Wave communication that’s doing it, not sure why as it’s just started doing it!

Hi,
what z wave module are you using, is it the dark blue version?

It’s the version 2 Blue one, about 12 months old.

what steps have you gone through

what HA are you using?
what HA zwave are you using?
what batteries are you using?
have you reviewed the logs?

Using 2021.12.2 version of HA running HA OS.

Using a Zwave.me UZB coordinator connected to ZWaveJS to MQTT.

Using a heavy duty Vartar batteries which come recommended by several L1 users.

Have turned on the silly level logging, nothing stands out. At the advice of the HA chaps I have got an issue logged with ZWave JS, hoping they can see something in the logs I’m missing!

It seems to me that the lock is not sleeping between requests.

Have contacted Yale who are sending a replacement module out and the latest lock firmware.

Hoping to not have to replace the lock as it’s been perfect for well over a year!

2 Likes