Yale Conexis L1

So brand new set of batteries have lasted 8 days all told, with probably 10 open/ closes (we’ve been set isolating). Seems to be the Z-Wave communication that’s doing it, not sure why as it’s just started doing it!

Hi,
what z wave module are you using, is it the dark blue version?

It’s the version 2 Blue one, about 12 months old.

what steps have you gone through

what HA are you using?
what HA zwave are you using?
what batteries are you using?
have you reviewed the logs?

Using 2021.12.2 version of HA running HA OS.

Using a Zwave.me UZB coordinator connected to ZWaveJS to MQTT.

Using a heavy duty Vartar batteries which come recommended by several L1 users.

Have turned on the silly level logging, nothing stands out. At the advice of the HA chaps I have got an issue logged with ZWave JS, hoping they can see something in the logs I’m missing!

It seems to me that the lock is not sleeping between requests.

Have contacted Yale who are sending a replacement module out and the latest lock firmware.

Hoping to not have to replace the lock as it’s been perfect for well over a year!

2 Likes

Well it appears not to be a Zwave issue potentially. My Zwave is showing Lock Jammed again. I’m not sure what this indicates, however I’m going to take the lock apart and adjust. Anyone know where the data for the error originates?

how long have you been on the zwavejs version?

About 2 weeks, maybe a little longer. I’ve pulled the Zwave module to see if the battery still depletes.

I seen a few posts of people having jamming issues while using Zwavejs. if you don’t use any other zwave devices maybe try coming back over to the Z-Wave (deprecated) component.

I’ve not moved from Z-Wave (deprecated) as the door is my only zwave and by the looks of post on this forum there are still issues with JS aside from jamming.

Out of interest, does anyone know how you can set the position of the handle before the motor tries to lock? Just fitted one as my family are in the habit of closing the door an lifting the handle a fraction, but this always seem to activate the motor and fail as its not fully up. Can you adjust this for the lock to say only start to lock if the handle has been pushed to top?

sorted it the old fashion way, grinded down the bar a little so it take lifting the handle at least 45degrees before the magnetic sensor moves off

I’m constantly getting this. Also it showing unlocked when its locked. Always seems to be fine until someone unlocks it, then there is this chance that for some reason it gets stuck on unlocked when it isn’t. Tired of repairing it at this point doesn’t fix it.

What bar? I’d like to do this.

the square bar the runs through to connect the handles, I marked it on the inside handle and ground it down to be a smaller square where the magnetic sensors turns on it, so now the sensor only starts to turn after the handle is at about 40 degrees

1 Like

I’ve just installed one of these myself, seems to work pretty well but I cannot figure out how to manage the NFC/RFID tags through Zwave. It seems once the module is installed the Yale app stops working (which their support tells me is by design) so i cannot enrol them using bluetooth, but the only Zwave key management in HA seems to be for codes, not tags.

The app continues to work for me, so I add cards/fobs using that.

Interesting. Yale told me that it’s not supposed to, which I thought was a bit stupid so I may try and reset it and start again.

@charlyr Are you using rechargeable AA batteries with the Connexis? I’ve ready everywhere that they wont work / don’t have enough voltage. Are you using something like Enloop with 1.2V cells?

Hi, I’m using bog standard Amazon basics rechargeable AA batteries that I bought in 2019. They are in my 3 conexis locks, they are 1.2V batteries.

When I put a freshly charged set in the lock it never reports full batteries, and it may not be recommended, but in my experience it works, and I’m getting roughly 3 months battery life with our use of the front door, and up to 6 months on the back door and garage door.

I also have an Evo home system setup for my heating with 9xTRVs which each take 2xAA batteries, so for home automation I’m using 30xAA batteries, and it makes me feel a little better about the quantity of batteries when I recharge and reuse them, rather than just throwing them away when they run out of power.

I tried using rechargeable cr123a batteries in my aeotec multisensors, but they did not work, so I have to use standard lithium batteries for those, as the sensors seem to be a lot more sensitive to voltage.

That’s great to hear. I hate the idea of using Alkaline batteries when really good rechargeables are available. I would expect the batteries to never show as full since the initial voltage will be less. Do you still get a low battery warning or do you just change them on a regular basis?