state: >
          {{ is_state("binary.sensor_dc3", "open") }}
        icon: >
          {% if is_state("binary_sensor_dc3", "open") %}
            hass:door-open
          {% else %}
            hass:door-closed
          {% endif %}

None of my sensors are showing up, have I missed something? I am not getting any errors but no sensors are showing in unused entities?

Do you have the existing yale alarm control panel integration working?

Are you sure your credentials are right?

1 Like

My apologies. I was just uploading an image showing I was using the same !secret shortcut to each integration and I realised that I was missing “!secret” from the password. It’s all working now :grinning:

1 Like

looks like these additional sensors stopped worked after upgrading to 2021.8.0

i have submitted a feature request to add this as part of the official integration, not sure if this makes any sense. meanwhile please let me know if someone finds an alternative.

if I have official integration enabled and have the below lines in the config file, neither of them works, removing the binary sensor at lease brought the alarm (arm/disarm etc) back

binary_sensor:
  - platform: yalebinarysensor
    username: !secret email
    password: !secret password
    additional_sensors: True

FR: Yale smart alarm additional sensors

Someone has submitted a fix, I will review and approved it tomorrow

In fact it’s good, thanks Darren, code updated in the GitHub repo

Yes it works again

Hi All,

does this still work, when i am trying this, i get the following:

Platform error binary_sensor.yalebinarysensor - cannot import name 'AuthenticationError' from 'yalesmartalarmclient.client' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/yalesmartalarmclient/client.py)

I have the files in my custom_component folder:
2022-03-02 20_32_23-Studio Code Server – Home Assistant

and this is the config I have in configuration.yml:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: yalebinarysensor
    username: !secret hlgmail
    password: !secret yale_password
    additional_sensors: True

I also have the Yale Smart Living Integration that is working fine.

anybody else seeing this?

I’ve updated the custom component, though looks like the core integration might have the binary sensors now

So this has probably run its course

Hi Matt,

Just wanted to say thank you for your contribution, your integration was a great stop gap until core had sensors included.

Thanks

I’ve experimented with adding support for the Yale Smoke sensors (AC-PSD) in my version of the yale integration here:

I haven’t found any way to fetch the PIR motion state as you say, but I have “hacked” together some logic which is working for me to have the smoke sensor in HASS.

At the moment I’ve picked a timeout of 3 minutes for a detected smoke state.

Welcome others to test this out, if it’s working then I can submit a PR to the official integration

For the AC-PSD it will add both a temperature sensor and a smoke sensor, but no motion.

For anyone else interested in trying this, my integration does work with the Yale smoke sensors, but the whole Yale system goes offline frequently, the Yale system in general is not great.

The fact that it all entirely relies on internet connectivity is too disappointing for me, I don’t understand why Yale wouldn’t include a local API on their bridge.

Whilst this does work and I probably won’t remove my existing Yale sensors, I’m going to go with the frient ones instead. Got one today which works with zha locally so all good

I’ve tried your custom component but I get the following error. Any ideas please?

Cannot quick reload all YAML configurations because the configuration is not valid: Platform error binary_sensor.yale_smart_alarm_v2 - cannot import name ‘YALE_EVENT_TYPE_SMOKE_ON’ from ‘homeassistant.const’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)

What version of home assistant are you on? I’m still on 2023.5 here

2023.7.2 so maybe that’s why

I made a silly mistake :slight_smile: I wasn’t using the latest version I published to git here and there was a typo.

Try the latest version and see if it works for you.

Btw I still don’t recommend relying on this setup - the Yale system is very flaky for me and the whole box often won’t reconnect to Yale after a network dropout without a full reboot. I rely on zigbee smoke sensors instead.

I still haven’t made an official “release” for this component yet but if it works for you I probably will.