Yale Smart Alarm Sensors

I’ve noticed the original yale smart github has been updated to trigger the alarm via panic button

I just don’t think it’s been pushed to HA

Yeah the version HA uses is very out of date, i had to pull in the newer version for the binary sensors

I have these alarms as well. I will try to do a test as soon as I can.

I see no change as well… :frowning:

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to be able to add a key pad in order to disarm the alarm rather than just press disarm?

Im looking at add this to a touch screen so that a pop up appears once the front door is open and the alarm is armed. once the correct code is entered the alarm with disarm.

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Not exactly, in the end I created a manual alarm in HA with a keypad and used automations to set/unset the Yale one when then HA one was set/unset and vice versa. It’s a massive bodge, but it works!

Ah OK thanks for the info.

Did you use the alarm panel card?

What entity did you use?

When I try to and a manual one the card wants an entity.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I added a completely separate manual alarm (with no physical device) called ‘HA Alarm’ through HA and then pointed the alarm card at that entity. So I have 2 alarms in HA (I did say it was a bodge!)

I then set up several automations to change the state of each alarm to match the state of the other one. E.g. If Yale alarm set to disarmed set HA Alarm to disarmed, or if HA Alarm set to disarmed, set Yale alarm to disarmed. You need to do this for each state (armed_away, armed_home, disarmed) both ways - so quite a few automations.

The HA alarm works with the Alarm Panel card and shows a key pad, so I add that one to my dashboards, and when I arm/disarm it, the Yale one arms/disarms. IT works, but it’s quite a bit of effort to initially set up and is far from an ideal solution!

@HgoP @mattius @julian @abcpt Do you want to try my new integration I’m playing with which supports the smoke sensors?

See this post

You’ll need to add your yale config again in the new integration. It’s exactly the same as the current core integration with added smoke and temperature sensors

I do not have smoke sensors connected to my Yale system. Sorry.

Hello
Has anyone got the Yale Sync motion sensors to work yet?
My door contacts work fine.

Many thanks

1 Like

The motion sensors don’t work in a useful way for monitoring in home assistant.

I’m guessing to save battery life, they only work when the system is armed or the walk test mode is set.

A few people have tried and failed to make them useful.

Unfortunately I got rid of my Yale system due to the crappy battery life and switched to ring, so no more updates from me I’m afraid.

1 Like

+1 here would love this but I am guessing the fact it has not happened means its not possible?

@mattius hit the nail on the head, this is a no-go due to Yale’s implementation.

Yale’s tech is awful, and honestly I can’t imagine the security is much better if this is how little effort they put into “smart” functionality. Such a shame, they should hire anyone from this thread as a consultant…