Yale Smart Alarm System

@skaker1 I don’t believe so unfortunately…

@Tempestuous, great work.
As the others have asked for, can you see the possibility for adding support for their lock(s)?

Does anyone know if it works in Sweden?

1 Like

I installed the concexis lock this weekend. You need the z wave module to link it to HA

Great stuff, thank you! For an automtion: what is the state when the alarm is triggered?

Anybody else currently unable to control Yale alarm through HA? Stopped working after I upgraded to 0.80 today, but I als see Yale have had some server issues after some planned maintenance. Wondering if the API used for HA has now changed…?

I wouldn’t think .80 has anything to do with it. Try rebooting your system and check you can access the alarm via the app.

Yale alarm works fine through the smart living app. Have rebooted HA and by soft restart and power cycle, still when I arm the alarm through HA… nothing. Also it’s not showing as armed in HA when I arm it’s through the Yale app.

Just updated now and mine works okay.

@phairplay thanks for checking with your setup. This gives me some hope! I’ll try removing and reinstalling the alarm component.

Think Yale has been having trouble this week. App performance / notifications have been very spotty.

Hi All,

Ive been trying a couple of things:
Removed and re added the Yale alarm component
Rebooted my router, HA and Yale alarm box
Tried a different username and password that is also linked to my alarm

Throughout all of this the alarm can still be armed/ disarmed through the Yale app.

I noted If I input the incorrect yale alarm password to the config.yaml file I do get an error flagging saying incorrect login details in the report log, so I assume the component is communicating with Yale.

With my username and password correct, when I try to arm the alarm through HA this is the error I am now seeing: (anyone any ideas if I have just broken something simple?)

Log Details (ERROR)
Sun Oct 14 2018 09:16:42 GMT+0100 (BST)

Update for alarm_control_panel.yale_smart_alarm fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 346, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 850, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 326, in connect
    ssl_context=context)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 329, in ssl_wrap_socket
    return context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/ssl.py", line 385, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/ssl.py", line 760, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/ssl.py", line 996, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/ssl.py", line 641, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
socket.timeout: _ssl.c:704: The handshake operation timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 445, in send
    timeout=timeout
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 639, in urlopen
    _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 357, in increment
    raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 686, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 601, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 349, in _make_request
    self._raise_timeout(err=e, url=url, timeout_value=conn.timeout)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 309, in _raise_timeout
    raise ReadTimeoutError(self, url, "Read timed out. (read timeout=%s)" % timeout_value)
urllib3.exceptions.ReadTimeoutError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.yalehomesystem.co.uk', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=5)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 221, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 349, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/yale_smart_alarm.py", line 84, in update
    armed_status = self._client.get_armed_status()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/yalesmartalarmclient/client.py", line 54, in get_armed_status
    alarm_state = self._post_authenticated(self._ENDPOINT_GET_MODE, params=params)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/yalesmartalarmclient/client.py", line 86, in _post_authenticated
    response = requests.post(endpoint, params=params, cookies=self.cookies, timeout=self._DEFAULT_REQUEST_TIMEOUT)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 112, in post
    return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 58, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 512, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 622, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 526, in send
    raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.yalehomesystem.co.uk', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=5)

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Apologies, I’ve been on holiday. Thanks for looking into this Paul, I’ve made a comment on your issue in HA. I’m looking into the situation and have contacted Yale. Hopefully it’s just a temporary blip in their service with the issues they’ve been having this week, but there’s a chance the Yale API (https://www.yalehomesystem.co.uk/homeportal/api/) may be down for good. Their app must use an alternative (and new?) API since that’s still working, so hopefully there is a solution. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Hi
Were you able to get a response?
Mines been working fine until today

Thanks for the component. I’m using it to control things at home. Could you also add Yale Doorman to the component (or an additional component). I’m lacking the ability to check the state of the doors. I’m using the module for Yale Smart Alram (not Verisure)

1 Like

Currently in the market for this alarm and cancelled my order as HA integration is crucial! Any luck hearing back from Yale or is the component now defunct due to the switch from Yale Home System to Yale Smart Living Home? www.yalehomesystem.co.uk seems to redirect towards the new app and suggests the old one is discontinued as of mid October…

There is an open github issue. Someone mentioned about having a working version using node.js, we’re waiting to see if he will share it and let someone convert it to python.

Maybe it’s fixed but it works for me in v83… Although it worked in v81 too.

That’s really strange

There is fixe in the next version with a new API

Hi Tempestuous,

firstly thanks for the effort for the Yale Control Panel, just wanted to check if you ever found a way to pin protect the panel? If I add the attribute to the entity ‘code_format: xxpinxx’ once reloaded when I click it a keypad appears, but putting any random string of numbers in i’m able to arm/disarm the alarm? :frowning:
cheers,

I doubt this is possible based on the app not needing a pin to arm or disarm