Yale Smart Alarm System

It should be possible.Using ‘code’ configuration then the component could require a code in order for HA to send the command to the yale api. That way you dont need to interact a code with the yale api itself… Now if only I knew how to do that!

Could you look t trying to implement a code into the component?

Has anybody got the Arm Night function working through Homekit for this? I tried tweaking the code to mimic the Arm Away function, but didn’t have any joy.

These days Yale updated the Alarm system web services and the home bridge plugin I’m using stopped working… wondering if that’s the case for the home assistant one as well?

I can’t even get the alarm to add to my system now. I’ve set it up in the config file and nothing shows up. Can anyone confirm that this is still working?

Reboot home assistant last night and can confirm it’s still working

What errors are you seeing added yale alarm to ha?

It just showed up and started working as I was configuring something else! I’ll be honest I have no idea what happened but it seems to be showing up now. Sorry about that, thanks for getting back to me!

Is it possible for this feature to display if the alarm has been triggered. This often shows up as burgler in the app. I was hoping to trigger an automation that turns the lights on and sets off my house alarm as I use the Yale alarm as a garage alarm at the moment.

Hi,

I’m looking for a yale alarm. I saw 2 model

• yale sr
  • yale sync

Are they both compatible with the yale component?

Thanks

I have a yale sr hub and it works

Did you manage to achieve this?

yale smart living is the old app, yale home now caters for alarms, so the integration needs to be worked on

Yale home caters for alarms on Android.

iOS still use the Yale Smart Living app.

the smart living app is defunct in the uk on both android and ios

How is it defunct? I use it daily.

You can not add the newer alarms to in in the uk they have to be added to yale home which handles everything, So my alarm is in yale home and cant be registered to the smart living app on ios. so yes it has been defunct for a while. I think I actually read that as some users have not migrated over yet in eu (with older alarms) they will be forcing a migration in the future. Probably once north america gets migrated.

I have both apps and there is literally no option for me to add an alarm on the Yale Home app on iOS.

if you tap the burger menu an d setup device you should get the scan qr code, then you would scan the qr code from the device.