Yale Z-Wave Module 2 and USB Z Wave stick?

Try pressing the button you used to pair it, once, briefly. If you press and hold/press multiple times it will likely reset and you’ll have to re-pair it.

Worth a shot — but I’ve had my fair few issues there in the past :sweat_smile:

Before moving to Z-WaveJS, there were a handful of times the Conexis would fall off the network and return “dead”. Through no force or will could I get Home Assistant’s Z-Wave to re-query the device when this button was pressed. Had to reset the stick to default and start again—luckily, the only devices used on Z-Wave are the two Conexis I own.

Similarly, I had the same issue a few days on Z-WaveJS, but a shutdown of the service and a change of batteries brought it back to life. I guess it’s more foretelling of the original OpenZWave implementation… :upside_down_face:

Managed to get this working but appear to be missing the attribute “lock_status” that I was using! Doesn’t seem to be an equivalent either - has anyone found something that does the same thing (e.g., reports who opened the lock?)

Is it disabled? I believe some of the attributes for entities are disabled by default for Z-WaveJS.

no, it’s just gone. I’ve just been looking back at this thread and there’s actually a lot of discussion about it and some useful YAML for getting an approximation of the old lock_status. I’ll look to implement that in time.

Hi,
I’m really hoping this will work for this lock

as HA are removing the old zwave integration from April

I’ve been using ZWave-JS for quite a few months now, without issues.
From memory I think the only thing that’s missing for the Conexis is the more detailed attributes like alarmtype or alarmlevel strings, and I’ve manually sorted this via a template sensor:

Thanks for this - seems to be working well -though I need to change some personal names in the else-if statements once I’ve found which numbers apply to which of my users!

1 Like

Hi guys,
I’ve switched over to zwavejs and have everything working expect for capturing when the door is unlocked via home assistant

I’ve listened to the zwave js notification but it doesn’t capture anything. Also the alarm type doesn’t see it either.

Does anyone have this issue?

Edit:
It seems to only pick it up if it was locked by home assistant first.

If I manually lock it and then remote unlock, no notification appears

How do you try and capture this? I can get that info via the template
{% elif states("sensor.yale_conexis_l1_alarmtype") == "25" %}Unlocked by zwave
Check a couple of posts above for the full list

I’ve listen to the ZWAVE_JS notification and tried to capture the 24 alarmtype and 25.

what I’ve found is (which maybe just mine):
the lock doesn’t show alarmtype 25 or “RF unlock operation” if the lock was last manually locked.

now if I remotely Unlocked it (as mentioned nothing changes) yet I then remotely Locked it, I see alarmtype 24 and “RF lock operation”.

Now knowing that the door was last remotely operated (Locked) if I remotely Unlock it, alarmtype 25 or “RF unlock operation” appears.

Defo works for me. I just tried it.

1 Like

Well that’s bloody irritating.

thank you.

edit:
did you remote unlock it via Home assistant or the yale app

Mine does this too — pretty sure it always has since moving from the 1st generation Z-Wave module to the second.

@lolouk44 — are you using the 1st-gen module by any chance?

I unlocked via HA, I barely use the Yale app.

I use the 2nd gen yale module (the blue one)

Hi do you know what firmware your module is running?

1.2.0 here.

I’m also showing 33.16 so that rules out the firmware, it is strange I’m having the same issue as @jamie_shaw

Side question when you moved over to zwave js did it remote 100%
The old zwave stated it was 61%, just wanted to make sure it’s working and it just reset it.