Year of the Voice - Chapter 2: Let's talk

Just a random thought, w/o knowing how the engine works, from a regexp perspective: this tells me “hochorniedrig”, so it makes sense to me that nothing, as in Wie ist, wouldn’t work

Here is my current issue Year of the Voice - Chapter 1: Assist - #93 by OzGav

Seems like Assist fails if the entity name has an apostrophe in it?

Exactly. More specific is not possible. This is the rule as exisiting and my call, which is not working.

And I have this problem as well. Why is the window not recognised?

Edit: I also broadened it to this and no good

Edit2: Looking at the intents I then tried this but still no good (the first question is correctly answered by why does the second fail?

No, at least not explained here: Template Sentence Syntax | Home Assistant Developer Docs

(foo|bar) ist a must with or. [] ist optional.

1 Like

ok, allowing the app in android firewall surely helps :wink:
Additional i used sip:ha@192… without it i get an error: only direct calls available without server.

I got a spoken english text from my home assistant (i have configured my nonenglish language in assist pipline).
Then i went to the VoIP integration and switched on [allow calls].
But nothing happens if i call HA now, no matter if i set assistant-pipeline to prefered or to Home Assistant.

You should discuss these questions with the German language leaders for correct intent recognition:

Isn’t that a B-52’s song?

1 Like

So running ha in docker, trying to get this setup going.

My docker-compose.yaml is as follows…

version: '3.6'
services:
  piper:
    image: rhasspy/wyoming-piper
    restart: unless-stopped
    command: --voice en-us-lessac-low
    environment:
      TZ: Africa/Johannesburg
    ports:
      - 10200:10200
    volumes:
      - ./piper/data:/data
  whisper:
    image: rhasspy/wyoming-whisper
    command: --model small --language en
    environment:
      TZ: Africa/Johannesburg
    ports:
      - 10300:10300
    volumes:
      - ./whisper/data:/data

Now Piper is starting up just fine.
However Whisper, not so much… getting the following in logs

/run.sh: line 5:     7 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) python3 -m wyoming_faster_whisper --uri 'tcp://0.0.0.0:10300' --data-dir /data --download-dir /data "$@"
/run.sh: line 5:     6 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) python3 -m wyoming_faster_whisper --uri 'tcp://0.0.0.0:10300' --data-dir /data --download-dir /data "$@"
/run.sh: line 5:     8 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) python3 -m wyoming_faster_whisper --uri 'tcp://0.0.0.0:10300' --data-dir /data --download-dir /data "$@"
/run.sh: line 5:     6 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) python3 -m wyoming_faster_whisper --uri 'tcp://0.0.0.0:10300' --data-dir /data --download-dir /data "$@"
/run.sh: line 5:     7 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) python3 -m wyoming_faster_whisper --uri 'tcp://0.0.0.0:10300' --data-dir /data --download-dir /data "$@"

Not exactly sure where too from here.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

I notice your timezone syntax isn’t the same as the examples. Note sure if that matters

I have got the same problem with whisper, here is my log:

INFO:__main__:Downloading FasterWhisperModel.MEDIUM to /data

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main

return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code

exec(code, run_globals)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/wyoming_faster_whisper/__main__.py", line 132, in <module>

asyncio.run(main())

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/runners.py", line 44, in run

return loop.run_until_complete(main)

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 642, in run_until_complete

return future.result()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/wyoming_faster_whisper/__main__.py", line 75, in main

model_dir = download_model(model, args.download_dir)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/wyoming_faster_whisper/download.py", line 41, in download_model

with urlopen(model_url) as response:

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 214, in urlopen

return opener.open(url, data, timeout)

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 523, in open

response = meth(req, response)

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 632, in http_response

response = self.parent.error(

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 561, in error

return self._call_chain(*args)

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 494, in _call_chain

result = func(*args)

File "/usr/lib/python3.9/urllib/request.py", line 641, in http_error_default

raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)

urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

this is my docker-compose btw

version: "3"
services:
## wyoming
  whisper:
    container_name: whisper
    command: --model medium --language nl
    image: rhasspy/wyoming-whisper
    volumes:
      - ./whisper:/data
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Amsterdam
    ports:
      - 10300:10300

@OzGav Both are valid docker compose syntax.

@Cadster yours is quite explicitly throwing a 404, I believe this is because your model combination is not valid… but I’m not sure…
Either way its not quite the same as my problem which has nothing obvious to go by

Solved the 404 by changing the command, thanks to adamlonsdale Year of the Voice - Chapter 2: Let's talk - #73 by adamlonsdale

Just setting up voice with the latest HA version. I have installed piper and whisper on my Synology NAS in Docker. I have installed both via the Wyoming integration and they are showing ok. However when I am setting up the voice assistant Piper is greyed out. Anybody else come across that or know what the issue is?

For the docker-compose config, is there a way to install multiple voices so I can switch in the UI?

If you understand it please answer the question.

If not, it should have been :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesn’t play nice with my templates anymore. I’ve got plenty of numeric sensors that sometimes display a string. For example this one:

- sensor:
      - name: "Livingroom_COP"
        unit_of_measurement: "W/w"
        state_class: measurement
        state: >
          {% set exterior = states('sensor.temperatura_exterior') | float %}
          {% set power = states('sensor.hvac_lvngrm_9000btu_shelly1pm_power') | float %}
          {% set interior = states('sensor.livingroom_hvac_set_temp') | float %}
          {% if is_state('binary_sensor.lvngrm_cmpr', 'on')
              and is_state('climate.midea_ac_31885837363723', 'heat')
              and is_number(states("sensor.temperatura_exterior")) 
              and exterior <= 0 %}
          {{ ((3.167+0.0312*exterior-0.0834*interior-0.0007*exterior*exterior-0.0009*exterior*interior+0.0009*interior*interior)  * 1.37 | float) | float | round (2)}}
          {% elif is_state('binary_sensor.lvngrm_cmpr', 'on')
              and is_state('climate.midea_ac_31885837363723', 'heat')
              and is_number(states("sensor.temperatura_exterior")) 
              and exterior > 0 %}
          {{ ((2.8627+0.1732*exterior-0.0456*interior+0.0005*exterior*exterior-0.0032*exterior*interior)  * 1.37 | float) | float | round (2)}}
          {% else %}
            Off
          {% endif %}

Works in developer-tools/template (can display the string), ‘unknown’ in the configuration.

Sorry is this a voice question?

@tom_l would this help?

"How [high|low] is the temperature [of the] <name>?" 

and

"How is the temperature heating (the) office?"

(<name> = Büro/office)

I’m not German, but understand a bit. My translations above aren’t idiomatic, since I think it’s important to keep the original structure, as the issue could be specific to German grammar.

My idiomatic translation of the second would be:

“What is the temperature in the office like?”

Or even just:

“How warm is the office?”

1 Like