YET another take on an alarm system

It’s not “not working” mate :wink:
I had the same on my 7" wall mounted tablet out of the box.
You can easily justify keypad’s content and make some more little tricks to make look it better:

Actually, I just replaced all paper-button to mwc-button in both alarm.html and alarm.css, cleared cache and it works fine in the panel, but looks a bit “unusual” :wink:

No buttons on Lovelace card though :\

Can you share this panel?
it’s very good
imagen

give me a view days - it is a little buggy at the moment … - the lockout screen is not working for any reason …

For those missing that keypad on Lovelace alarm card - try this quick fix
At least I was able to see the keypad and disarm my alarm :slight_smile:

And on the mic-button note, here’s what I have now after a bit of html/css tweaking

and

Wanted to change DISARM/CLEAR buttons’ colour, but couldn’t find the way to do that.

Happy to share/PR the tweak if needed, just PM me.

Looks great!! Can you say how to do it?

keen to know as well

My log:

2019-03-09 15:37:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 128, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 416, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 120, in coro
res = func(*args, **kw)
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 316, in async_setup_platform
alarm = BWAlarm(hass, config, mqtt)
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 341, in init
self.init_variables()
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 441, in init_variables
self.immediate = self._states[self._state][“immediate”]
KeyError: ‘disarmed’

I suggest to start from here and all way down

Maybe someone can help…

I arm and disarm my alarm based on my location. Also it wil set from arm away to arm night automaticly when i’m not home in the night.
Is there a possibilty to add the code functionality but also set the alarm based on location?

what do you mean?

I want to use the code to arm and disarm the alarm on the frontend but also arm and disarm my alarm based on my location.
So when i arrive home the alarm is disarmed based on location and when my sister is visiting she can disarm the alarm by code.

Search is your friend :wink:
We don’t know how you track your location. I can only suggest that you write automation that reacts on your location: “home” and calls this.
There is also the alarm’s MQTT interface you need to enable and then use, but I’ll leave it to you…

Nope, there is no reason as the code hasn’t been changed for months.
And it would be great to know what version of it you’re using, at least.

It’s all down to alarm.html/css afaiu.
Clear cache/using a different browser doesn’t help?

Hi all,

I have tried to install Hass Custom Alarm on HA 0.89.1 as mentioned in GitHub.

My installation steps:

1. Copy following files to configuration directory:

alarm.yaml
custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py
panels/alarm.html
www/lib/
www/alarm/
www/images/

1. Add following to configuration.yaml:

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

1. Restart HA.

However, after restart, nothings is displays on HA.

Do i missed out anythings?

And how to access settings page?

Thanks.

Anything in HA logs on start?

try to create custom_components/bwalarm folder and save bwalarm.py there as alarm_control_panel.py

what about this?

It’s advisable to start with a new alarm.yaml file with the minimum configuration set:

platform: bwalarm
name: House

In 2 steps

and

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed all your steps, but still it is not working.

19-03-11 09:33:15 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:33:16 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:34:16 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:34:16 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:34:17 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:34:18 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:35:44 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:35:45 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:35:45 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:35:46 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:36:55 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from a0d7b954_ide for jerry
19-03-11 09:36:57 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from jerry
19-03-11 09:37:54 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker] Run command ‘python3 -m homeassistant -c /config --script check_config’ on homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant
19-03-11 09:38:11 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Invalid Home Assistant config found!

My Side Bar screenshot:
Capture

Due to Alarm section is not available in my Side Bar, I can’t even access the Settings page.

Any solution to this?

Thanks.

Well,

Did you read and react to

?

Nothing to do with this alarm panel yet :\

Well, the only possible error from configuration.yaml is:

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

So weird :thinking: