YET another take on an alarm system

I have a motion sensor but it won’t trip the alarm. Ive added it to immediate sensors but nothing happens when the sensor detects motion and the alarm is activated.

I have no idea why. It works with home assistant version 0.61.1.

@Ross_Davey ‘Motion Detected’ isn’t built in to the default states but I’ll add it.

In the meantime you can add it to your alarm.yaml:

##[OPTIONAL] - CUSTOM SENSOR STATUSES - These settings allow devices which are not natively 
supported by this panel to be used. 
##This is to be used when the state of the device is not recognised by the panel. Examples are provided 
below 
custom_supported_statuses_on:
  - 'motion detected'

custom_supported_statuses_off:
  - 'standby'

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I totally didn’t notice that bit at the bottom

Ive tried looking around the website but can you tell me what the standard or point me to a list of what the standard states are? I cant find them…

Also any ideas with my MQTT issue a bit further up? Id like to get an MQTT panel going but want to test it with manual messages first before I go an spend the money on parts and build one.

Adding the custom triggers worked :slight_smile: id still like to use the standard ones though if you can tell me where i can find out what those are?

I noticed that once I added the custom triggers in my sensor shows up twice on the all sensors list…any idea why? Its only on the alarm.yaml page once

Supported states:

#//-------------------STATES TO CHECK------------------------------
STATE_TRUE = ‘true’
STATE_UNLOCKED = ‘unlocked’
STATE_OPEN = ‘open’
STATE_DETECTED = ‘detected’
STATE_MOTION = ‘motion’

STATE_FALSE = ‘false’
STATE_LOCKED = ‘locked’
STATE_CLOSED = ‘closed’
STATE_UNDETECTED = ‘undetected’
STATE_NO_MOTION = ‘no_motion’
STATE_STANDBY = ‘standby’

I’m at a loss with your MQTT as I have also tried with mosquitto and it works on my setup. I’m not using MQTT for anything else on HA though so maybe there is a clash somewhere, seems odd however that you can see the messages going out. Are both the MQTT server and HA on the same box/same IP? Is your MQTT server mosquitto or HA built in?

Aaa woops looks like a bug. Remove the ‘standby’ custom state as its actually in the supported list.

I’ll check the panel code and fix duplicates

Nope MQTT is on its own Virtual machine on my Hypervisor

As I say I’m using it for a few other bits in HA and its working fine and the messages are going in and out.

Another potential bug

I removed standby from the custom triggers as you suggested. However my Motion sensor now no longer shows up as an open sensor when its in standby mode. It still triggers the alarm but the open sensor has now gone unless I add “standby” back in as a custom trigger

I fixed the MQTT issue…

Your notes at the end of the topic, even though you put a hash as if to say to HA not to read it as you would to include notes in your code, it doesn’t accept it at the end of a command by the looks of it. Its treating your notes as part of the topic so in actual fact its listening on all of that text after /home/alarm/set

Once I removed it and re issued the ARM command it works now :slight_smile: might wanna remove that bit from your instructions so no one else falls into that trap

2 Likes

Hi again,

I wanted to put a direct link to the alarm panel to the Android homescreen (via Chrome’s “Add to homescreen”) so that it becomes more easily accessible. However, HASS is preventing this for some reason and always redirecting to the slow loading home screen. I finally figured out why this is happening and found a fix for this:

It is a dirty workaround but the effect is great :slight_smile:

Cheers
Jochen

2 Likes

still having issues with ‘0476’ as my code. im running it through my secret. yaml could that be the issue? (tried it with the single quotes as you mentioned above).

i too found this issue with hassio not allowing it as a home short cut. i will try your suggested method. thanks

edit: just tried this (https:xxx.duckdns.org/kiosk/alarm) but it didn’t work for me. @Jo-me any tricks im missing?

Could you test it without using secret.yaml?

1 Like

Is there a keypad I can use this with? Particularly a zwave keypad?

Does anyone use Kustom on android?

It’s absolutely class. I have a a few custom commands linked to the live wallpaper. I’ll upload a video at some point

I haven’t tried any personally but I’m assuming the code is programmed into the zwave device itself and sends out a status of ‘set’/‘unset’ on the zwave network.

This component should support it out the box as you could use automations to arm/disarm when a certain status is seen

just tested it and yes it works fine in alarm.yaml (‘0476’). but doesn’t work with secret.yaml
I have, (code: !secret alarm_code) in alarm.yaml & (alarm_code: ‘0476’) in my secret.yaml??? strange

mmmm not sure why but i just tried setting it back to a secret and boom it works. must have been something with my code, although i checked it a zillion times ;-). thanks again for this awesome feature. cheers Steve

1 Like

:slight_smile: That’s not what I meant. Read on to the end of the thread. Its the part about modifying an “init.py” of the frontend.