YET another take on an alarm system

Hi

I have done this and re run the command but again the alarm still stays un armed

If i subscribe to home/alarm/set and then run the command from another terminal I can see the ARM_HOME command in that topic so its getting through MQTT fine.

Client mosqsub/21014-MQTT received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r0, m0, ‘home/alarm/set’, … (8 bytes))
ARM_HOME

When you say check the log do you mean the home assistant log? If so then there is nothing in there

Nope. It not 0000. Both my code are different and none of number repeat. The only reason is because there isn’t any error showing up logs. Do you need to enable debugging?

Using code 0000 doesn’t work, no code doesn’t work, more than 4 digits doesn’t work. ^^

Have to be 4 digits 0001-9999

Yeah I know. I just meant it not repeating number. :slight_smile:

My alarm code doesn’t work if it begins with a “0”. example: “0476” doesn’t work, “4476” works fine.

good work by the way:-)

where could i change the weather font and weather icon color?? i already tried removing line 242 (lobster) and editing line 227 to “color: white;” for icon color but nothing changed so i assume its somewhere else??

edit: above was preformed in the /config/www/alarm,css

The code/panic code needs to be encapsulated in single quotes within your alarm.yaml file to accept a code beginning with 0. ie:

code: '0000'
1 Like

@lovejoy777

line beginning 233 in the alarm.css is where you can change font and add a color (color: blue;) to the weather span

.weather-summary span {
   display: inline-block;
   vertical-align: middle;
   line-height: normal;
   font-weight: bolder;
   margin-left: 5px; 
   padding-right: 5px;
   text-align: -webkit-center;
   height: 100%;
   font-family: 'Lobster';
}

Unfortunately the icon isn’t easily changed as this is auto generated by HA as a svg file which due to polymer isn’t easily changed. I do want to correct this however at some point.

1 Like

Could you double check your alarm.yaml file and ensure this is set

command_topic: home/alarm/set

Also check there isn’t any space after this line or anything weird going on with your file.

Yep looks okay to me unless you can spot anything wrong?

Here is my MQTT section

And a screenshot of me issuing the command on the left hand side, and on the right hand side im subscribed to the topic so you can see the payload comes in. I know MQTT is working with home assistant as I use it for loads of other things so I know its not a communication issue between HA and MQTT

Actually it works great if you put the code directly on the automation!
But if you want to put the code from secrets.yaml it wont work.

Thanks for that, this seem to solve the issue for disarming the alarm. The Alarm Panel is still glitched.

How does the TTS work, right now I was able to set alarm sound for most of speaker in my homes but still having trouble setting up TTS. Do need to hook up a speaker onto the raspberry pi for TTS to work? I able to do set custom voice/sound track into my xiaomi gateway but that kinda too much trouble.

The alarm page loads on my some devices/browers. I still trying to find what causing the issue.

Edit:

Pretty sure it not my adons as even in ingnoite mode Firefox 57 doesn’t load.

Working :
Chrome 64
Firefox Focus

Not working:
Firefox 57
Edge

You can put in automation like thsi https://home-assistant.io/components/tts.google/

service: tts.google_say
entity_id: media_player.floor <-- your media player
data:
  message: 'May the Force be with you.' <--- what you want google to say.

I presume it only works with google audio and chromecast devices? Would it work if plug a speaker into my raspberry pi? I presume the media_player will be replaced with local one?

if you already have media player in your ha. you can use tts google platform to say out to any of your media players in ha by automation.

From this post. Mr.gazocascalvertos has made the automation to notify the status arm, disarmed you can put in such service inside his automation to also say out.

I have chromecast right now, but it not on 24/7. I was hoping to grab a chromecast audio next week, in meantime i will check media player page on home assistant and see if any existing device is supported. Thanks!

I cant get my motion sensor to trigger the alarm!

my motion sensors default state is “standby” and when motion is detected its state changes to “motion detected”. Do I need the motion sensor to report certain states for the alam to trigger or will what I have setup already work?

I set the sensor in alarm.yaml under immediate sensors and then put the alarm in home mode. I purposely wave my hand in front of the sensor but the alarm doesn’t change red or change its state to triggered. The sensor picks up the motion however.

Have I missed something here?

Is Home Assistant version 0.61.1 compatible with YET?
Alarm panel did not work as expected with my Android tablet and it was because i just removed the # for MQTT.
In the next release please change this in alarm.yaml. It caused a lot of troubleshooting for me.

#command_topic: home/alarm/set [OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will subscribe to, to receive commands from a remote device to change the alarm state.

to

#command_topic: home/alarm/set # [OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will subscribe to, to receive commands from a remote device to change the alarm state.

Thank you for your hard work.

2 Likes

Im using 0.61 with alarm and I have MQTT enabled on the alarm and it didn’t break it for me!

Although I still have a post above I’m awaiting an answer on as MQTT isn’t actually working for the alarm from what I can tell.

I made a quick test and added a motion sensor to the immediate: group.
An alert message was shown on the tablet and I had to use the code.
It seems to work but I am new to this and the alarm is not in use here just for testing.