YET another take on an alarm system

google is our friend

hi all, is it possible to integrate a panel with mqtt? a member of the community create a really beautiful panel for the alarm. i post the link to the app.

You can kindof do this already.
Have a browser run in kiosk mode with it automatically directing to the alarm panel. The panel has an option to hide left nav bar.
Works well on my android.

ok i know, but this panel is really user friendly and with this you have not access directly to ha.

Well since you can set the arm/disarm etc mqtt topics in this alarm config. I can’t see why you couldn’t use the above panel. Just make sure the mqtt topics match and you should be fine.

ok sorry for the noob question, but i have to set the mqtt in the configuration.yaml or in the alarm.yaml?

Sorry Alarm.yaml
You will notice these settings are initially commented out.

thanks for the support

No worries. Let us know if this works, as this may interest others as well.

You can configure your HA URL inside MQTT Alarm Panel. After that you can swipe left and get access to it.

if i activate the mqtt in the alarm panel the alarm panel crash

Which panel? This one or the one you posted?

all, nothing works.

Weird. I have this panel running with the mqtt alarm states with no issue.

could you post me the part of your configuration for the mqtt?

At work atm. I don’t have access.
But all i did was remove the # and use the defaults.

you remove all the #?

##[MQTT RELATED]
#mqtt: True #[OPTIONAL] - False by default. Settings this to True will enable MQTT Mode. Uncomment options below to use See the README for guidance.
#override_code: True #[OPTIONAL] False by default. if true allows MQTT commands to disarm the alarm without a valid code.
#state_topic: ‘home/alarm’ #[OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will publish state updates to.
#command_topic: ‘home/alarm/set’ #[OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will subscribe to, to receive commands from a remote device to change the alarm state.
#qos: 0 #[OPTIONAL] The maximum QoS level for subscribing and publishing to MQTT messages. Default is 0.
#payload_disarm: “DISARM” #[OPTIONAL] The payload to disarm this Alarm Panel. Default is “DISARM”.
#payload_arm_home: “ARM_HOME” #[OPTIONAL] The payload to set armed-home mode on this Alarm Panel. Default is “ARM_HOME”.
#payload_arm_away: “ARM_AWAY” #[OPTIONAL] The payload to set armed-away mode on this Alarm Panel. Default is “ARM_AWAY”.
#payload_arm_night: “ARM_NIGHT” #[OPTIONAL] The payload to set armed-night mode on this Alarm Panel. Default is “ARM_NIGHT”.

Which version of HA? Hassio?

hassio 0.65.3

#state_topic: ‘home/alarm’ #[OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will publish state updates to.

#command_topic: ‘home/alarm/set’ #[OPTIONAL] The MQTT topic HA will subscribe to, to receive commands from a remote device to change the alarm state.

These are the 2 i am talking about. The first one writes the state to mqtt. The second one reads the states from mqtt.

Remove the leading # before each one. The others settings are as per description. As another pointer. Always run the check config test whenever you make a change.