YET another take on an alarm system

Yeah theres a smartthings app that does something similar but not sure if its one way only, or do you want HA to replicate this and pass the code to unlock your door?

@gazoscalvertos

Currently I am able to disarm the alarm when a proper code is entered into the locks. It just disarms the alarm in a generic way so you canā€™t tell how or who disarmed the alarm. What I am trying to do is have the locks pass their code to unlock to the alarm panel so the alarm shows disarmed by the same person that unlocked the locks. Make sense? One way only.

Yes I thought as much, I believe the code only goes the other way ie you can use software to pass a code directly to your locks to unlock. The same software doesnā€™t read the code entered into your lock. What states and attributes does the lock provide?

If the lock gives the user that last unlocked you could devise an automation to mimic the user.

Looks a nifty device

so I have used templating to show the users name under the lock status. I just havenā€™t figured out how to pass that info to the https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.alarmdotcom/

Thatā€™s incredibly slick. Fantastic work

I noticed your notes on colours/themes. My choice would be for it to follow the applied HA theme. Or at least have that as an option.
Iā€™m guessing a view rather than a custom panel is off the roadmap now?

This is really a must have alarm control system for HA.

1 Like

Thanks, the idea is the panel will inherit the colours from HA (inc HA themes) which can be override by a custom panel theme.

2 Likes

But no option to have it as a view?

Mate thanks for your work :smiley: I would see this as a Component for be perfect :slight_smile:

Currently on 0.70.1 and Alarm interface wasnā€™t working.
Updated the Alarm.html (v1.1.2) and all is working again.
javascript_version is set to ā€œlatestā€ but it was also working with ā€œautoā€.

Thanks @gazoscalvertos for the quick updates as usual.

BTW - I think your alarm needs a name. ie. YATAS (Yet Another Take on an Alarm System)

1 Like

Hi
when the alarm is triggered, I want the light in the house to start blinking. What is the best way to do that? Iā€™ve Ikea Tradfri and Sonoff basic switches.
Thanks.

Wich sensors you guys use ? I have a Zwave door sensor (Dome) and iā€™m not able to make it work, iā€™m a little bit lost ā€¦

Looking great. Iā€™ve a Dashboard, where I simple hanve an iframe showing the alarm panel. Can you share how you have made this.

I copied this from another memberā€™s post here which I could not find the original post. My only issue is when I disarm the alarm, itā€™s a hit or miss the lights stop flashing. When it doesnā€™t stop, I restart ha as the solution. Not ideal but work for me.

light_flash:
  alias: Alarm Trigger flash on
  sequence:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id:
        - light.kitchen_lamp_1
        - light.kitchen_lamp_2
        - light.hallway_area
        - light.master_light
        - light.brit_2nd_main
        - light.britney_main
  - delay:
#### time for flash light on
      seconds: .02
  - service: homeassistant.turn_off
    data:
      entity_id:
        - light.kitchen_lamp_1
        - light.kitchen_lamp_2
        - light.master_light
        - light.hallway_area
        - light.brit_2nd_main
        - light.britney_main
  - service: script.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: script.light_loop
# LOOP BACK TO START FLASH AGAIN
light_loop:
  alias: Light flash loop
  sequence:
  - delay:
#### time for flash light off
      seconds: .02
  - service: script.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: script.light_flash
# CANCEL FLASHING
light_flash_cancel:
  alias: Cancel Light Flash
  sequence:
  - service: script.turn_off
    data:
      entity_id: script.light_flash
  - service: script.turn_off
    data:
      entity_id: script.light_loop

God evening, firstly I love this in its current incarnation, the hard work into the next version looks great too.

Can you help with two questions:
When arming for home in the ui the countdown says leave mode before sealing to home mode. Is that expected?

Secondly Iā€™m not sure why this automation action anmrms for away not home?

- data:                      
code: !secret alarm_code
entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

this is created in HAdashboard, its part of the appdaemon package

Thanks. Iā€™ll try that

Just taken a look at the video, very impressive and I can see a lot of hard work has been put into it. Amongst the design is there an option to change the fonts? Iā€™m not too keen on the serif typeface for the name and temp.

Looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:

+1 for preferring a different font. Happy to just have the default HA font to be honest.

Once that new version is available and working on my system, Iā€™m more than happy to throw some cash towards you @gazoscalvertos via the paypal account (I dont have anything to do with crypto coins)

1 Like

Hey if anyone wants to see the time show up in a 12 hour format. You can copy the time_date.py to a custom_component/sensor/ and change the %H in TIME_STR_FORMAT to a %I.

The time_date.py can be found here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/master/homeassistant/components/sensor/time_date.py

hope this helps, it did for me as I donā€™t think in military time.

1 Like