YET another take on an alarm system

@gazoscalvertos Any news about publishing this as hassio addon?
Would be much simpler for most users to install and updates would work automatically

@apt @sparkydave I have added an option to remove serif font to default to usual HA font.

Iā€™ll add some extra customization later

@Zoker once the code is in a decent state fully tested the plan is to look at hassio integration

@jjhtpc iā€™ve also added an option to select between 12/24 mode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any timeline on your new update? Really looking forward to testing out some of the new features like the cameras/floorplan. I had suggestions originally but youā€™ve seen to covered or improved everything. Really appreciate all the hard work youā€™ve put into this!

Iā€™ll maybe have something to release as a test branch on github this week

4 Likes

I moved to HASS 0.71, and was long time did not follow rthis thread (alarm also not working) plus now when I click the ALARm TAB I receive this error

ā€œI donā€™t know how to resolve panel customā€

There are some changes in the yet another take on an alarm system this changes effect since there is an update of the HA frontend. You have to re-download from the lastest one from github. Also need to clear all your cache from browser.

I got this up and running pretty quickly this afternoon, just what i was looking for!

What are people using RE an external keypad type thing ? What options are there ?
And secondly, i have commented out all the permiter stuff, to just give me home and away, but it still shows the perimeter button. Have i missed something in the config ?

Thanks so much!

I put a tablet in the entrance, but is not functional.

I would prefer a keyboard RF to pair with Sonoff RF or other item that can be used in HASS

No keypad at all. I use one of these hidden inside the door frame. https://www.ebay.com/itm/RFID-Reader-RFID-Key-Access-Control-with-relay-/370839896103 It works through two inches of timber easily.

I thought about using RFID, but unfortunately we often have family visitors, cleaner etc, and I dont really want to have to issue them all with a tag.

Thats a great kit though, i might get a couple to control my electronic door strikes, and ignore MQTT altogether for them!

I think for now, ive got a spare NodeMCU esp8266 board sitting around. Ill just get a matrix keypad for it, and use an LED as an indicator.

Thatā€™s reasonable. The output is just a switch and not identifiable so not great for more than one or two people.

Oh another thing i just thought of.

How are people dealing with any automation etc alerts repeating ?
eg my alarm_trigger has some stuff to set volume to max, send a tts message, and play a tone to my xiaomi gateway.

That works fine, except it plays once and then goes silent, until the alarm untriggers and triggers again.
Id like it to keep repeating that same automation, until the state is no longer ā€˜triggeredā€™

Im sure its been discussed in this thread somewhere, I did read through the whole thing over the weekend, but I can not find it :frowning:
Thanks!

So this worked on desktop (thanks!) but with javascript_version: auto itā€™s throwing an error on iOS. Maybe Iā€™m not clearing my cache properly? At least, doing what my Google search results suggest isnā€™t working. How do YOU clear your iOS cache?

Thanks!

when I use javascript_version: auto / The frontend shows correctly on pc and ios
When I use javascript_version: latest / The frontend shows correctly only on pc not ios.

The way I clear cache on ios. Open safari > tab like favorite icon (look like open book)> tab the history tab icon (look like clock) > clear >All time

Try triggering an alert. They repeat until cancelled.

Personally I trigger three wired sirens and strobes. The actionable iOS notification I also send gives me the option to deactivate the alarm or just silence the sirens.

Deactivating the alarm switches off the sirens and strobes.

Thank you for replying. Itā€™s odd; whenever I do javascript_version: auto, the frontend shows correctly on PC but not on iOS. When I click the HA info button, on PC it shows ā€œlatestā€ for the version, but ā€œes5ā€ on iOS (Safari & Chrome) and then throws an error when I go to the Alarm. Iā€™ll clear the cache as you suggested and even restart my phone (just to be sure) with the same issue.

Iā€™m curious; which iOS device are you using?

You could also use loop. I copied this code from another member. I have 14 seconds delay to start because I have another TTS going on before the siren so you need to reduce the seconds to your need.

xiaomi_alarm_siren:
  alias: Xiaomi Alarm Siren
  sequence:
  - delay:
      seconds: 2
  - service: xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone
    data_template:
      ringtone_id: 1
      ringtone_vol: 95
      gw_mac: xx:
  - delay:
#### time for siren to play before restarting
      seconds: 14
  - service: script.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: script.xiaomi_alarm_siren_loop

# LOOP BACK TO START SIREN AGAIN
xiaomi_alarm_siren_loop:
  alias: Xiaomi Alarm loop
  sequence:
  - delay:
#### time for siren to start
      seconds: .1
  - service: script.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: script.xiaomi_alarm_siren
# CANCEL Siren when Disarm - refer to Automation
xiaomi_alarm_siren_cancel:
  alias: Cancel Siren Cancel
  sequence:
  - delay:
      seconds: 1
  - service: script.turn_off
    data:
      entity_id: script.xiaomi_alarm_siren
  - service: xiaomi_aqara.stop_ringtone
    data:
      gw_mac: xx:
2 Likes

Oh great thanks. I didnā€™t know about that one.
That should suit :slight_smile:

Although I put javascript_version: auto in configuration / On my pc ha frontend also show latest.

I use latest ios version (not developer version) on iphone 6 plus and iphone 7 plus. If I change to javascript_version: latest I have problem on my iphone 7 plus.

i use node red and trigger the xiaomi siren more times after some delays.