YET another take on an alarm system

@argykaraz i have the same problem

1 Like

Hi! Do you have any info about the update?

Thank you!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Iā€™ll give it a test on my live rig tomorrow but the test rig with the new code doesnā€™t appear to have this issue however I have changed a lot of the backend code.

Iā€™ve uploaded a test branch to github however there are still bugs to correct before its stable to use in a real environment so do not use in your real environment! but for those who want to test fly feel free.

Once Iā€™ve ironed out these little niggles it should be good to go.

Current issues off the top of my head:
IOS colour selector issue
General mobile alignment/resizing
User specific code editing
Check of all settings
Default to HA colours
A full end to end test!

Can confirm this appears to be fixed in the test branch.

Iā€™ll try and get it out as soon as possible

Ok thanks!!! :smiley:

Donā€™t mind this, another restart solved the problemā€¦

Hi, Iā€™m trying to run your dev branch but I got stuck immediately.

You are using ā€œruamelā€ as a requirement. But Iā€™m guessing it needs to be in the HA requirements file to be downloaded automatically by HA, because it is missing for me when Iā€™m trying your component. Any suggestion on how to fix this?
Since Iā€™m not using your component for real yet (Iā€™ve only installed it) I think I would be a good test candidate for this. Iā€™m running HA in a docker environment and I donā€™t really want to modify the requirements file :slight_smile:

2018-07-07 12:22:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.pyā€, line 129, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.pyā€, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.pyā€, line 212, in coro
res = func(*args, **kw)
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.pyā€, line 359, in async_setup_platform
alarm = BWAlarm(hass, config, mqtt)
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.pyā€, line 379, in init
self.init_variables()
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.pyā€, line 528, in init_variables
self._yaml_content = self.yaml_load()
File ā€œ/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.pyā€, line 607, in yaml_load
from ruamel.yaml import YAML
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ā€˜ruamelā€™

1 Like

Restart ha. The component installs ruamel when you first start it but it doesnā€™t pick it up first time. Iā€™m also in a docker env.

You should see ruamel get installed to your deps/lib folder

1 Like

Let me know how you get on. Like I say itā€™s not in any fit state for proper use yet but after sorting minor issues it should be.

Iā€™ll add some feedback here. I havenā€™t found anything severe yet though :slight_smile:

• If default value is true the toggle should indicate that
  • In the sensor view, it would be great if the id of the sensor could be shown when hovering the name (title attribute)
  • the weather icon is black, it should be white I think? :slight_smile:
  • I would love to be able to turn of the mirroring effect, Iā€™m not really fond of it
  • I donā€™t know if it is possible, but it would be great if you could save the passcodes and the admin password with the ā€œ!secretā€ configuration. This will be a problem for those who backup to githubā€¦
  • make the transitions between screens a tad quicker, I think itā€™s a bit to slow right now

But really awesome work, it looks great. I will try it out some more now, I have just touched the admin gui so far. Let me know if you want som help or just someone to discuss ideas with. I am a professional developer (but sadly not in python) so I would be able to give you more constructive feedback or help if needed.

Thanks so much for this!

Hi!

Thanks for the update, and the great alarm system)!
I will install it now and help you testing it!

Thanks for the feedback!

Iā€™ll take all the points into account.

Iā€™m not a professional dev to be honest, Iā€™m a bit of a Jack of all trades IT wise, any feedback is most helpful. Ill float a few ideas your way via pm once Iā€™ve sorted the bulk of issues.

1 Like

Hey guys, really hoping for some assistance as I just got this implemented this evening. When testing I can trigger the alarm just fine and turn on the siren, however upon disarming the siren stays on. Please see below at my code:

• id: alarm_disarmed
    alias: ā€˜[Alarm] Disarmedā€™
    trigger:
    • platform: state
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
      to: ā€˜disarmedā€™
      action:
    • service: switch.turn_off
      entity_id: switch.Siren
    • service: notify.ios_tayshs_iphone_x
      data:

Also, I am using HomeKit and can arm the system just fine, but it doesnā€™t want to disarm. Any suggestions on how to make this work? I was thinking of removing code to arm but it states that its required.

check the name entity_id: switch.Siren / might be switch.siren (not capital letter S)
the deactivate the alarm (disarmed) this need the passcode. Have to put in somewhere in your script to deactivate the alarm.

@gazoscalvertos
Hi,
I am a happy user of this custom alarm and I am thinking about testing and switching to your new UI.
But I have read that HA is going to switch to the new Lovelace UI from the release 0.73.1 and I guess that change will likely break many things and I do not want to fight twice with configuration issues.
Have you tested your new Ui with Lovelace?

Thanks a lot for your work.

I upgraded to 0.73.1 this morning and this alarm is still working. I do however have a fairly old version of the alarm I think. I do however get errors in the log when I navigate to the alarm screen. Waiting on the next version before I upgrade it all

Having problems getting the new UI Alarm System to work. Not quite sure what is going on. I copied all of the appropriate files to my directory, including the base alarm.yaml file which only includes the two lines:

platform: bwalarm
name: House

I restarted the first time and got the expected errors. After the 2nd restart, i got the error:

2018-07-11 17:14:42 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201806080b0] https://xxxxxxxxxx.duckdns.org:8123/api/panel_custom/alarm:377:72 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜disarmedā€™ of undefined

When I go to the Alarm panel, it looks like the old user interface (of course with no sensors). Not sure where I should be seeing the Settings button to get things setup.

1 Like

Hello! do you use homebridge?

Lovelace should work fine with new alarm

If youā€™re seeing the old alarm interface then your browser is either caching the old html file or the alarm.html file hasnā€™t been updated.

Try clearing your browser cache