YET another take on an alarm system

I think I did clear the browser cache - Ctrl F5, correct?

usually that does the trick however sometimes you need to do it manually via the settings options. In Chrome its listed under privacy settings

Thanks, I’ll try again this evening.

If you upgrade to latest alarm version, they go away. there was a change to the frontend a couple of versions ago that affected various components using custom panels (floorplan, custom ui, alarm etc)

So, I manually cleared the cache and now I do see the new UI. I setup all the settings, checked the alarm.yaml file, and everything looked OK. Things I noticed right away:

1. When I go back to the alarm display there are no sensors displayed. They are only displayed after I activate home or away mode, and only when I select the sensors icon at the bottom of the screen. Is this the intended operation? If the alarm is not activated and I click on the Sensors icon, it displays “All Sensors” at the top of the screen, but no sensors are displayed.
  2. The keypad does not scale very well. I need to make sure my browser window is extremely wide for the buttons not to be chopped off.
  3. When I try to configure a camera, the camera name shows up, but when I select it, the following error is written to the log File:
    2018-07-12 19:07:24 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201806080b0]

https://xxxxxxxx.duckdns.org:8123/frontend_latest/app-d2ecf0a7fe14cb5eef31083bdeb6cf6f.js:46:10030 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of undefined

Each time I go into the camera settings, the name is duplicated. For example, if the name of the camera is “Test”, then if I go into the settings 3 times, the “Test” camera shows up 3 times. All 3 cameras generate the same error to the log file.

Have not tried anything yet with a phone screen, will try this later.

@vegard @tbrausch What browser are both you using?

Safari on macOS beta 12.

So the colour picker may have to be re-thought as I had lots of issues trying to implement a decent solution due to polymer

Chrome on Windows 10

I’d like to use multiple sensors before triggering the alarm (like door sensor and a motion sensor). How can I configure this?

Use the template binary sensor to combine your multiple sensors. See the example here:

Is there a way to take out the shadow of time ?

1 Like

@natedogny could you please share the automation you use for this and Envisalink ?

- action:
  - alias: ''
    data:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home
  alias: Change panel to match armed
  condition: []
  id: '1521863303290'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    platform: state
    to: pending
- action:
  - data:
      code: 'put your alarm code here'
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
  alias: Unarmed match
  condition: []
  id: '1521916569746'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    platform: state
    to: disarmed

That is what worked for me. I hope that helps. Just remember to put your alarm code in.

What is that condition [ ] and the id ?

It’s just junk that the Hassio configuration tool puts in.

1 Like

The multi user options not working on the new UI. Everything else seems to be working fine on it though.

how did you include the camera feed in the html file? I have no idea what I’m doing with html code so if anyone can please help, that would be great. I have a RPi camera on a separate RPi to the one running HA. It is already included in my HA config as camera.front_door

I am not really sure how you can add home assistant entities to the custom-element file. I can help you with a streaming ip camera, but this… :confused:
maybe someone else can help. I am also interested in this.

I used your code and inserted my cam IP and port but I can currently only test it remotely so I am connecting via SSL / HTTPS and so the cam doesnt show up I guess given that its an iFrame with only HTTP