YET another take on an alarm system

Hi @gazoscalvertos just wondering how the development of the new version is going,

1 Like

It looks like sensors in the override section will be entirely ignored even while armed.
And it appears that immediate zones do not trigger during the re-entry warning state. That doesnā€™t seem right.
If the alarm is armed away, and I open the front door, it starts the warning count-down ok- but if I then open or break a window while still counting-down, it really should trigger the alarm. And in this state, the motion detectors should be overridden to allow walking down the hall to turn off the alarm.
Based on the comments, it seems thatā€™s what the override option in alarm.yaml is intended for, but itā€™s not working that way. Iā€™m curious to how @gazoscalvertos intended this to work, before I get into the code to try to fix itā€¦

Edit: I just noticed gazoscalvertosā€™ comments in issue #15 in GitHub, so I entered my comments as a new related issue https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm/issues/38

Thanks,
-John

Will try that. Thanks.

Thatā€™s how itā€™s showing up due to the panel not working correctly, I guess.

Sorry, I missed that. Corrected it now.

Still having the same issue, even though i corrected the

alarmid: alarm_control_panel.house

to be indented 2 spaces under the config line.

looking on the Home assistant site it states the the

js_url: /local/my-panel.js

is supposed to be required. I didnā€™t see any link or .js files other than the 2 that are placed in the /www directory?

Am I just missing something or is there something actually missing???

First of all this is great just great! Playing with it a few days now and I cab say I like it :slight_smile:
Question: is it possible to have a button in a card (script or whatever) that will open the Alarm panel right away in stead of open the left menu in home assistant and then go to Alarm.

So ever since the new UI Iā€™m having problems displaying the Alarm panel on a few devices:

iPhone 6
Nexus 7 2013 with Android 6

Iā€™m sure the Iphone is fixable with the correct version of the javascript frontend, Iā€™m currently running:

frontend:
  javascript_version: auto

However, the Nexus 7 is kinda more bothersome, Iā€™m trying to use Wall Panel (https://thanksmister.com/wallpanel-android/), and before the new UI it all worked perfectly.
The webview app is the latest version, and it doesnā€™t show (only a blue HA header loads) on either webview and/or chrome.

No not possible. As an alternative:

It you add the sensor alarm_control_panel.house (or whatever yours is called) to a group you can click on it to bring up the arm and disarm options:

hello I come here to praise the project I have a doubt has how to change the language of these items if yes where would it be?

Hi all

I am trying to set up this alarm system (already tried a few months ago, but I just didnā€™t copy the files properly), I have the panel working I can arm / disarm. But so far I canā€™t get the alarm to trigger.

The sensor on my front door (Fibaro fgdw002) gives two different numerical values when opening or closing the door:
23 = closed
22 = open

I believe this is where the problem liesā€¦ I do see the value changing in the alarm panel when I open or close the doorā€¦ But how can I tell the system that a value of 22 means the door has been opened and therefore the alarm should be triggered?
Or maybe I donā€™t have the right ID? This is so far the only one I can see that has a changing value in relation to the door being openedā€¦ It is sensor.fibaro_system_fgdw002_door_opening_sensor_2_access_control

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You can just directly edit the text strings in panels/alarm.html. Just search for the strings you want to change and replace them. For example, to change the words for ā€œHome Modeā€, look in the disarmed statecard vLayout box section, and youā€™ll see:

ā€¦ iron-icon icon=ā€˜mdi:lock-outlineā€™>& nbsp;Home Mode< /paper-button>

This obviously isnā€™t the proper way to handle localization for multiple language support, but itā€™ll suffice for personal use.

-John

Maybe experiment with the CUSTOM SENSOR STATUSES at the end of alarm.yaml. I havenā€™t tried it, but it looks like thatā€™s the intention. The built-in supported statuses are listed in bwalarm.py. Aside, from ā€˜Onā€™ and ā€˜Offā€™, it lists:

STATE_TRUE = ā€˜trueā€™
STATE_UNLOCKED = ā€˜unlockedā€™
STATE_OPEN = ā€˜openā€™
STATE_DETECTED = ā€˜detectedā€™
STATE_MOTION = ā€˜motionā€™
STATE_MOTION_DETECTED = ā€˜motion_detectedā€™
STATE_MOTION_DETECTED2 = ā€˜motion detectedā€™

STATE_FALSE = ā€˜falseā€™
STATE_LOCKED = ā€˜lockedā€™
STATE_CLOSED = ā€˜closedā€™
STATE_UNDETECTED = ā€˜undetectedā€™
STATE_NO_MOTION = ā€˜no_motionā€™
STATE_STANDBY = ā€˜standbyā€™

I love the look and feel of your panel, but Iā€™m having a major problem. Iā€™m having problems disarming from my own automation - is this the correct action? Thanks

action:
      - service: notify.html5
        data:
            title: "Good Morning!"
            message: "{{ as_timestamp(now()) | timestamp_custom('%I:%M%p', true) }} Alarm turned off"
      - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
        entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house

The following seems to work to arm the alarm at night, but itā€™s not turning off in the morning when I want it to

- service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

@johnplanetz interesting, thanks, I am going to dig in that direction.

you need to include the disarm code in your automation

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    data:
      code: 1111

(obviously not my real codeā€¦)

2 Likes

Thank you - Iā€™ve been having to make sure Iā€™m the first one up everyday to cancel the alarm

Thank you so much . Thatā€™s all right

Iā€™m having a problem the alarm only arms or disarms after manually loading the automations in the configuration panel
if you restart hassio it will not load
Hassio 0.77

was this only since upgrading to 0.77?

@sparkydave get resolved by putting in my automations
Initial_state: ā€˜onā€™