YET another take on an alarm system

Hi @gazoscalvertos

Only feedback i can give is
are there any special instructions on migrating from old to new
do we need to modify existing config to work with new one

I’m travelling for a week and dont want to mess with it remotely but will update as soon as I am back (master branch).

I’ll write some, The easiest way to be honest is to start from scratch and use the settings interface to auto configure your alarm.yaml

ok, will start from scratch, will attempt to do this weekend when more free time.
I use node red for the automations, so will need to confirm they work also

Node-red is defo the way to go for automations.

Its what I use for my production setup

1 Like

I wasn’t able to update to the newUI, it gave me some errors and my VPN to home network was being slow so I reverted. I’ll try again tonight.

On another note, I noticed that arming the alarm from the panel works flawless for me until I try to arm it with an mqtt message. That is when I start getting the error I mentioned above. Is anyone using mqtt to arm? Disarm via mqtt works great, its only when I try to arm. Afterwards, the panel with not arm it either until I reboot Hass.

hi, i am facing an error , i am using still the “old” master branch , was working without problems , then i updated to 0.80 and after to 0.81 , i was able to arm / disarm but was getting erratic behaviour , i saw the commit to the new bwalarm.py under the master branch , i updated my old bwalarm.py and deleted the pycahce cache folder i did a manual restart and i am getting now the error
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==3.1.4
Testing configuration at /config
Failed config
alarm_control_panel.bwalarm:
- Invalid config for [alarm_control_panel.bwalarm]: [immediate] is an invalid option for [alarm_control_panel.bwalarm]. Check: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm->immediate. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.bwalarm/

can you help ?

Getting this in the log when arming home mode with the new bwalarm.py and hass 0.80.1

2018-10-17 11:18:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service alarm_control_panel/
2018-10-17 11:18:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Invalid service data for switch.turn_on: expected a dictionary. Got {‘automation.alarm_warning’}
2018-10-17 11:19:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Invalid service data for switch.turn_off: expected a dictionary. Got {‘automation.alarm_warning’}

Works like a charm. Thank you

Also using the master branch with the updated bwalarm.py, with hass 0.80.1, but seeing exactly the same errors in the log as sevenofnine. I can activate ‘away mode’, but would like to know what’s causing the errors

Also getting the same error but all working

I tried the new UI and the is the Error I am getting: https://xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.org/api/panel_custom/alarm:2198:20 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘attributes’ of undefined.

This is what happens when I restart Home Assistant. I tried to revert back to the old one but I am unable too it keeps trying to bring up the new UI and I have replaced at least everything I know of.

There is also an issue if it trying to Arm and Disarm too I was having this before I restarted. I am on 80.2 for Home Assistant.

did you get this issue fixed? I have the same problem after upgrading to 0.80.2. I know its listed as a breaking change but I dont knw the solution

Hi all,

I want to advise that the las fix on python component same does not work over Docker enviorements. I don’t know why but HA will not start if I place it on custom_components (but the old version 1.0.2 works fine)

Thx!

With last version alarm is not triggered. Seems there is still some bug.

hi
i have the latest version running in HA on docker and the alarm component does not give issues with HA. i do have a couple of notices in the logs when arming the system but the alarm still function, even tested it being tripped

something else could be a play here

Hello, in perimetric mode is possible to exclude some sensor before select it?

thanks in advance

Hello @gazoscalvertos I got problem with the time on the alarm (new ui). It shows time differently from what it is. Where to adjust or modify?

I know this may seem like a stupid question but.
I am keen to try the new UI but I can’t seem to find any instructions.
Do you just download the new files and override the old ???
Any help much appreciated

Same problem here that the alarm does not activate.
When i choose arm away nothing happends.