YET another take on an alarm system

I’ll get it out today, will be later on today mind 10-12 hours as I’m traveling.

If you are up for it you could try and change you bwalarm.py and change any reference to:

Switch.turn_on(self._hass, self._config.get(CONF_WARNING) ) to:
self._hass.services.call(‘switch’, ‘turn_on’, self._config.get(CONF_WARNING))

Ensure you also change the turn_off references too and map conf_warning and conf_alarm respectively.

Feel free to PM me with any error logs etc

1 Like

Ok folks, after the new UI goes live I’ll be focusing on the stand alone page as well as pushing an android app to the market.

Android app will likely be a paid version (low cost) to cover dev costs/fees. Anyone that has donated to the project will get a free lifetime upgrade to the app once released.

Just wondering. Why would you need a dedicated app on Android since you can to “Add to homescreen” anyways which give you pretty much the same result? If your not gonna implement other features like an API or such but Fully Kiosk have all that already implemented.

Don´t take this the wrong way. I love the project but get the feeling the time is better spent elsewhere :slight_smile:

The plan is to add additional functionality to the android app, sensor readings etc similar to wallpanel/fully kiosk.

The additional benefit is the automation of updates and hopefully efficiency as the app will only implement what is required for the purposes of the alarm.

It also means a user can simply add the backend component (bwalarm.py) (via hass.io in future) then not have to worry about updating the front end interface as the android/ios app can take care of it.

Any update about the fix? Tnx

I’ve just manually updated the repo for now, could you test please @michele.scarcia?

Worked great thank you

Further testing all working but get the bellow errors
Invalid service data for switch.turn_off: expected a dictionary. Got ‘automation.alarm_warning’

3:55 PM core.py (ERROR)

Invalid service data for switch.turn_on: expected a dictionary. Got ‘automation.alarm_warning’

3:55 PM core.py (ERROR)

How do i get to test this new UI?

Yeah i tried it but couldn’t get it to work with the new UI. I get this error message:

http://10.0.0.17:8123/api/panel_custom/alarm:462:19 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘attributes’ of undefined

i would log an issue, so that it can be resolved

Hi @gazoscalvertos
Is there any special process to migrate to new UI, or is it a case of just updaing alarm component from dev github?

I applied the fix provided last night and it seemed to be fixed, but it will only let me arm the alarm one time after I reboot HASS. After that, if I click any of the “arm” buttons, it just sits there. I checked the log and this is what I’m getting:

Tue Oct 16 2018 06:40:30 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Unable to find service alarm_control_panel/

Anyone else seeing the same?

Hold that thought, I missed the update from an hour ago. Testing now. Thanks for the quick updates, gazoscalvertos!

Hopefully this resolves it.

I couldn’t fully test the setup until this morning due to travel.

If anyone has anymore issues then let me know.

Hi @Eddie1974 did you load all of the newUI files into your setup?

Also ensure you do a full clear of your web browser cache

Hi Folks,

• How many of you are using the newUI?
  • Did you find it difficult to transition to?
  • Is there any feedback?

I’ve added a little poll below to gauge how many are using which release

• Master Branch (if you don’t know what this is then it’s likely you’re using it so select this option)
  • newUI Branch

0 voters

I installed your latest update and was able to arm/disarm multiple times without any issues, thanks a million! I haven’t used the new UI yet, but I’ll give it a shot right now and report back.

2 Likes