YET another take on an alarm system

Hi Folks,

New release up. Apologies I’ve been away, work has taken over recently. A lot of fixes added. Still have the strange one with the checkboxes not appearing on sensors page. Please test and feedback.

In the near future I will be moving away from using polymer in favour of react. This will allow the panel to operate both inside of the HA panel and as a stand alone page. I’ve tested it on an old Samsung Galaxy tablet and it’s a lot faster, could be related to polymer.

Theres still work to do and I want to sort multi languages next for those that keep asking. Documentation also needs to be done.

5 Likes

We’ve missed you! I will test your new update this weekend and will report back to you.

1 Like

Not off to a good start:

Unable to find service alarm_control_panel/alarm_yaml_user

Do I need to change this in panel_custom.yaml?

# Location where the panel is hosted during development
js_url: http://192.168.0.2:8080/main.js

You need to clear all your alarm.yaml left only 2 lines / I didn’t use react so I didn’t add more in panel custom / my round buttons still need to set every time, the setting fro round buttons don’t remember what I set. / for clock 12 hr didn’t show am/pm so it hard to tell what time it is exactly.

##########################################################
## CUSTOM ALARM COMPONENT ALARM.YAML
## https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm
## VERSION:  1.0.2
## MODIFIED: 18/04/18
## CHANGE LOG:
## Add Multi Codes, names, pics        ##
## optional code to arm alarm          ##
## HG28!!&dn                           ##
#########################################

platform: bwalarm
name: youralarmname

I did that. I used the new alarm.yaml file provided in the repository. I replaced all the other files provided too.

Today I’m going to delete all the files and associated config. Restart. Then try adding the new blank files again.

In the settings part , sensors, I can’t add sensors, when added it shows a short checkmark but right away the box gets empty again and nothing is saved…

2018-11-24 00:22:09 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201811033] https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/local/lib/jscolor.js:532:50 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘e.path[0]’)

Ok so I deleted my previous files, restarted and followed the install instructions again. Restarted again.

I am now configuring the system (I am using Firefox 63.0.3).

Things of note as I go along (questions in italics):

Design Settings
I can’t set themes or it is covered by the bottom toolbar. Is this enabled yet? See below

Alarm Settings
The last “user specific code” is covered by the bottom toolbar and I cant scroll down any further.

Is the Homeassistant user required for automated arming/disarming? No it isn’t.

Sensor Settings
Sensor checkboxes do not stay checked. File save call is made. Nothing is written to alarm.yaml file. No sensors visible in the Sensors Panel. Edit: see below.

====

After setting up I restarted HA, still nothing viewable in the Sensors panel (Enable Sensors Panel switch is on).

I tried Chrome browser but could not log into the settings panel with either my set admin password or the default password. See below

Went back to firefox and the entry/exit times were not saved. I may not have hit the tick icon to save them. Tried again and they were saved to file.

Went back to add sensors and all the checkboxes next to the sensors had disappeared but clicking on the sensor name did make them turn orange and did save to the alarm.yaml file this time.

Sensor settings list is not sorted alphabetically. Should it be? It would be easier, all my alarm sensors are prefixed with ‘PIR’.

Tried shadow text effects. Did not like it so disabled it. Shadow effect still visible on clock - even after a restart. Does the clock always have the shadow effect?

Sensor Panel only shows ‘all sensors’. Can this be split into delayed and immediate, home and away?

Interestingly after a third restart the sensor settings checkboxes were back but they were not staying checked (when clicking on the text or checkbox) and nothing was being written to the alarm.yaml file again. Did a CTRL + F5, logged back into the settings and the checkboxes had disappeared again but changes were being saved to file. Something funny going on here.

Chrome was still not able to log in to the settings. It was making a system log write (https://10.1.1.100:8123/api/panel_custom/alarm:1869:9 Uncaught ReferenceError: sha256_digest is not defined) with every key press in the password field. Aha! That’s probably what the other two files not covered in the install instructions were - this needs to be added to the instructions.

Copied jscolor.js and sha256.js to config\www\lib but no apparent change. Did a CTRL + F5 and it now works with Chrome. Also I now have the ability to add a new theme in design settings in Chrome (other options may be hidden by the bottom toolbar). In Firefox the “new” button is nearly visible but mostly covered by the bottom toolbar. Can’t scroll down any further.

Firefox scrolled all the way down:

EDIT: Despite all this, I will say, Well done Gaz! It’s a fantastic custom component.

1 Like

Try CTRL +F5 and log back in to the alarm setting again. The check boxes will disappear but clicking on the sensor name should turn it orange and save it to file.

If that does not work try restarting HA. See my trials and tribulations with this above.

I have:

alarm_control_panel.house

defined in one of my groups. Clicking on this sensor allows arming and disarming without entering a code.

I have “Require a code to set the alarm” off in alarm settings but this should still require a code to disarm (as it does require in the side panel).

Also the following script now goes through the arming delay, where as with the old component it armed instantly:

alarm_arm_instant:
  sequence:
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    data:
      code: '-1'

Are multiple codes supported yet? I see in the alarm file that it says Add Multi Codes. If so how?

Found i had to clear browser cache on Chrome for it to display correctly

The new version does have support for different codes

Thanks I will take a look!

To get what to display correctly?

The adding sensor panel.

How can I change the size of the button panel? I am using a Fire 8" and I cannot seem ot get the whole thing in view. I am using the Fully Kiosk Browser.

I am getting multiple errors when i have updated to 82.1 and the latest version on github

2018-11-27 19:02:54 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201811033] https://www.m.org/api/panel_custom/alarm:2196:24 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘attributes’ of undefined
2018-11-27 19:02:57 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201811033] https://www.m.org/api/panel_custom/alarm:1991:37 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘classList’ of undefined

Thanks @tom_l

New code uploaded to repo.

• Fixed the display issue whereby the settings were being chopped at the bottom in firefox
  • Have replaced the polymer checkbox with a custom one as I also was having random issues with it appearing. I believe this is due to the checkbox element not being used by HA.
  • Sensors in settings sorted alphabetically
  • Shadow text effects, clock, weather basically all true/false settings now work correctly including after reboot
  • The sensor panel shows as all sensors when disarm, it will show in the groups when in an armed or arming state. Can you confirm this is the case for you?
  • I have updated the readme on the repo with the additional instructions. The plan is to overhaul this at some point and include images possible a video setup
1 Like

I have: defined in one of my groups. Clicking on this sensor allows arming and disarming without entering a code.> I have “Require a code to set the alarm” off in alarm settings but this should still require a code to disarm (as it does require in the side panel).

I cannot seem to replicate this issue. Anychance you could provide some screenshots or video?

Also the following script now goes through the arming delay, where as with the old component it armed instantly:

I’ll update the readme. To override the code you need to pass the value ‘override’ as the code

Can you provide a screenshot mate? Getting the responsiveness just right is a bit tricky. I’ll take a look at the resolution of the 8"