YET another take on an alarm system

Actually it’s not encrypted that’s the users password. So yes you can just edit the alarm.yaml file.

1 Like

Getting some errors after upgrading to 0.92:

2019-04-25 00:09:55 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.20190424
0] https://ha_url:port/frontend_latest/app.7ac4ac3c.js:2:60
391 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks!

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

I did, yes and also tried other browsers.
That happened as soon as I upgraded to 0.92, I will downgrade to 0.91.4 and wait to see if someone else has the same problem.

Is that correct that you haven’t changed anything in your alarm panel, just updated HA to 0.92?
If so, I’d suggest to open a new issue on HA github.
The error message is absolutely unclear and impossible to debug :\

OK, I havent updated since 0.86 and the posts here are too many. I read most of them but I still didnt manage to update this alarm panel. I changed the location and renamed bwalarm.py but I am getting this error when I check my config:

Integration bwalarm not found when trying to verify its alarm_control_panel platform.

Any help on what I am missing, would be appreciated. I am on 0.92

just confirming you renamed the folder to bwalarm and renamed bwalarm.py to alarm_control_panel.py

also custom components require a manifest.json file since 0.92

try creating a manifest.json file with the following inside

{
  "domain": "bwalarm",
  "name": "Yet another take on an alarm",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}
3 Likes

I may do that, yes. Got another error clicking on the Alarm panel on the left side:

2019-04-25 13:57:45 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201904240] https://HA_URL:port/api/panel_custom/alarm:2029:37 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘classList’ of undefined

0.91.4 works as expected.

I updated to 0.92 as well and i get the same error, - Integration bwalarm not found when trying to verify its alarm_control_panel platform.

I have the proper folder set up as well

My alarm panel now loads fine after I created the manifest.json.
Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Where do you put the file? In the main config directory?

in the custom folder for bwalarm

2 Likes

Firstly, thanks again to @AhmadK for taking over as dev/bug fixer extraordinaire!

Secondly, I’m wondering about whether anyone has done any looking into creating a ‘probability of ingress’ automation? I’ve had two false alarms since I began using this package. One was probably caused by a power blip and using a built in pull up resistor on a hard wired sensor, the other I’m still not sure, maybe sunlight shining on a PIR (but it wasn’t particularly sunny that day and has been much sunnier since!). Anyway. They’re really, really rare BUT when they do happen the stress and disruption is immense. On both occasions I pegged it home and found…absolutely nothing amiss.

I was wondering about creating an automation that somehow monitors whether a second sensor is tripped within (say) a minute of the first being tripped and if so, confirms that there is almost certainly an intruder rather than just a false positive.

Thoughts??

Yup, that was it. I created the manifest.json using your code and it passed the config check.
Thank you for that.
I am currently checking if everything works fine, and if not I may come back.

1 Like

Yes that worked for me also creating the manifest.json….thanks man

Did you restart HA after checking the conf?

Yes, I did and everything went fine.

1 Like

Okay - I’m just facing a few other issues with some other custom components, so I pass the comfiguration check. Hopefully after that get resolved and the reboot has taken place everything will be fine here as well.

Haven’t tried it yet, but apparently Bayesian Binary Sensor might be a solution.
Please let us know if it you can make it work.

Hi I am trying to use this alarm component with my konnected alrm. After I have installed as per instructions, I click on the alarm tab in the left hand side menu and I get a black page with Home Alarm written at the top with nothing else.

In chromes developer tools I see the error below. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘attributes’ of undefined
at HTMLElement.updateTime (alarm:2196)
at Object.z [as fn] (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at k (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at w (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement._propertiesChanged (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement._flushProperties (app.7ac4ac3c.js:410)
at HTMLElement._flushProperties (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement.ready (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement.ready (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement.ready (alarm:1460)

code starting at the error.

if (this.alarm.attributes.panel){
          if (this.alarm.attributes.panel.enable_clock){
            if (this.hass.states['sensor.time'] == null){
              this.error('Time Sensor (sensor.time) not found in HA');
              return;
            }

this.time = this.hass.states['sensor.time'].state;

if (this.alarm.attributes.panel.enable_clock_12hr)
              if ((parseInt(String(this.time).split(':')[0]) - 12) > 0 )
                this.time = String( parseInt( String(this.time).split(':')[0] ) - 12 ) + ":" + String(this.time).split(':')[1];
          }
        }
      }

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben