YET another take on an alarm system

I’m giving this a try. Just seeing it

Make sure you read back a few posts there are some manual bug fixes required until the next update.

JFYI, one of the users of this component suggested to create a fork of this project to keep all that bug fixes etc in one place ready to download/apply further fixes.

I’m happy to do that if it makes sense.

3 Likes

Yes, it does and will be much appreciated

Hello,

I’ve try use this alarm but only get error :(.

I’ve read this and do this (YET another take on an alarm system - #1736 by AhmadK), thanks for post.

I’ve get this error:

Falha ao chamar o serviço alarm_control_panel/ALARM_YAML_SAVE . 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

My alarm.yaml:

platform: bwalarm
name: House

Error on log HA:

2019-04-19 16:40:27 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.es5.201903310] http://localhost:8123/api/panel_custom/alarm:1952:9 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
2019-04-19 16:40:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2887757136] ‘NoneType’ object does not support item assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 122, in handle_call_service
connection.context(msg))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1138, in async_call
self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1158, in _execute_service
handler.func(service_call)
File “/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py”, line 324, in alarm_yaml_save
alarm.settings_save(service.data.get(CONF_CONFIGURATION), service.data.get(CONF_VALUE))
File “/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py”, line 541, in settings_save
self._yaml_content[configuration] = value
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object does not support item assignment
2019-04-19 16:40:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2887757136] ‘NoneType’ object does not support item assignment
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 122, in handle_call_service
connection.context(msg))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1138, in async_call
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1158, in _execute_service
File “/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py”, line 324, in alarm_yaml_save
alarm.settings_save(service.data.get(CONF_CONFIGURATION), service.data.get(CONF_VALUE))
File “/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py”, line 541, in settings_save
connection.context(msg))

Anyone for help?

Could you post more relevant details about when you get this error and how it affects you?

I get this error on click on left panel (panel iframe) and open panel control alarm.

The panel is blank without pinpad for enter code.

I’m started and no configuration.

So you mean it fails to initialise?
Could you try files from this post to see if it makes any difference?

Also

It’s advisable to start with a new alarm.yaml file with the minimum configuration set:

platform: bwalarm
name: House

I followed the installation and when I check my configuration I get this

Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

I checked
custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py
that seams to be good any ideas…Thanks

Is it Github instructions?

If my guess is correct, have a look at this. That’s because the Great Migration in HA is over…

thank you I forgot about the migrations
this worked

/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py

Thank you so much for your help, I had a brain fart

That would be awesome if you did. Using your code from a few posts back was the only way I was able to get this going again after trying to edit the files myself and failing.

+1 to forking the the fixes in the interim.

Also, I would recommended updated installation instructions that reflect the latest edition of Home Assistant… (just so that we don’t get people following the original instructions and then applying your fixes but installing it incorrectly).

I also would love to continue using this component. So your work would be really appreciated.

1 Like

if I want to change the pass code for disarming where should I change it? Thanks

Settings / Alarm.

Thanks Tom…is that in a yaml file?

Got it Tom

1 Like

No, click the side panel to get the alarm page up. Click the settings icon at the bottom of the page, enter your admin password then select the Alarm settings icon from the top row. ‘Master Code’ Is what you are after.

The code in the yaml file should be encrypted.

1 Like

Thanks that’s it