YoLink integration

Is YoLink developing a HA integration or not? I think you were the only one here attempting an integration. So are there any chance anyone can work on this integration?

Here is an update I got last night:

Hi, Rob

A1: The plugin for HA will enter the testing phase as soon as next week

A2: Iā€™m sorry that current gateway(YS1603) does not support local mode, the Internet is still necessary right now.

Thanks and best regards

Chi Yao

4 Likes

How can it not support local mode when you can disconnect the internet and still have a leak detector shut off a water valve locally?

Iā€™m waiting for local control thru HA and I will buy 20+ sensors for doors, windows, mailbox, motion, etc. I love their products except for the cloud requirements.

1 Like

I also plan to buy a lot of YoLink sensors when HA integration is completed.

I am happy that the plugin has entered testing phase, it gives some hope weā€™ll see a working integration soon.

About local leak detection without internet, the sensors can communicate offline with the YoLink Hub, and thus enabling local actions as shutting down water valve if itā€™s a YoLink water valve.

Complete local mode is still necessary if we want communication between devices that are not from YoLink.

Iā€™m here to echo strong interest in the Home Assistant plugin for YoLink door sensors.

I just bought a 4 pack with the hub on Amazon, since they are much cheaper than Z-Wave but the technology seems to be equivalent for my needs.

I plan to buy many, many more sensors for my windows, if the HA plugin is released soon. Otherwise if the plugin is abandoned or DOA, then Iā€™ll have no choice than to return this to Amazon. The app itself gives absolutely no useful alert features, and Iā€™m not interested in paying for a subscription.

4 Likes

I also want to say that I have some YoLink devices that have already saved me thousands in water damage when a pipe sprung a pin hole leak in my basement. I think they are great devices! However, I wish I could finish integrating YoLink with Home assistant. I would be very interested in testing the integration, if thatā€™s an option. I too was going to work on developing the integration, but decided to focus my efforts elsewhere when I heard YoLink was already working on it.

2 Likes

@rjm12rjm12 Hi Rob, would you be willing to check in again with their team, on behalf of all of us who are excited to try their integration.

Iā€™d also be happy to beta test, if they are offering as such.

Sure, I asked for an update, lets see.

2 Likes

Any response?

Sorry I was on vacation and just got back, this is what I got.

姚驰 [email protected]

Thu 9/2/2021 6:27 AM

To:

• You

Hi Rob,

Sorry for this late reply.

YoLink Integration for HA still have some problems when working in cloud push mode. And, We are also considering submitting PR with cloud polling version at first.

Thanks and best regards

Chi Yao

This is unfortunate to hear. I hope they continue working on it.

Nonetheless, I developed my own workaround for the time. Using a spare android (H96, but can be any device as long as the notification bar can be displayed) I installed these apps: Tasker, Join, AutoNotification, YoLink. When YoLink shows notifications for doors opening and closing, I made a Tasker profile that uses AutoNotification to detect that exact text (e.g. ā€œFront door just openedā€) and triggers a Task which sends a message via Join to my NodeRED instance on my Home Assistant Raspberry Pi 4. When NodeRED receives that message, I can make it do anything, as if YoLink had made an integration.

A bit of a complex workaround, but has been faithfully working for two weeks now. If anyone wants me to share my Tasker profile and task files, Iā€™ll do so here.

Another perk of this method is that I can trigger any other android app notifications through NodeRED too. Currently using this as a workaround for my Eufy Doorbell notifications too. There is a Eufy integration (in HACS) but it doesnā€™t send rich doorbell activity, only the camera feed, so this letā€™s me also trigger anything based on Motion and Button press alerts.

2 Likes

Just want to chime in to say that I was hoping for this as well. Iā€™ve invested pretty heavily with Yolink and have had great success with their products, but desire a more holistic solution that HA could provide.

1 Like

make it available via MQTT, then the integration will be very easy to do.

I have been waiting for yolink to make this integration for over a year now. I was told in March it would be available in May and have been checking back on this forum almost daily. I am now officially throwing in the towel. I have over 10 sensors but I am going to move to Aqara. They have zigbee sensors that work great with home asisstant. Yolink, your stalling has lost you a customer. I guess yolink was the wrong tech to go with. If you havnt been able to get an integration going by now, I have little faith in it ever coming. I am just super annoyed/disappointed that your company was unable to get their act together in a timely fashion. Good riddance YoLink!

I was debating on these yolink sensors but I agree that the lack of progress on any API and or local access is disheartening. Anyone have a good recommendation for a Zwave sensors line?

Conbee2 USB ZIgbee w/ deconz is the way to go IMO. Aqara sensors or any zigbee sensors. Any reason why you are thinking of Zwave instead?

Trying to keep as many things out of the crowded 2.4 GHz spectrum around me. Already have a Hue hub on ZigBee Channel 25, Wifi on Channel 1 , Bluetooth devices, and crowded cross channel interferance from neighborhood wifi. ZWave spectrum is a bit clearer my area.

Iā€™m tired of waiting too. I was really excited to see that Yolink was working on an integration because I think they could have dominated the market. I ended up going the zigbee2mqtt route. I have several of the Yolink leak sensors that run alexa routines to trigger input booleans but that is far from ideal. The only positive thing with using Yolink sensor is I link it to a water valve so it can shut off the water even without an internet connection if nobody is home.

Yolink, youā€™ve lost another customer. I will not recommend or purchase your products until you allow local control.

2 Likes

I agree, I have started replacing my Yolink devices with zigbee sensors. Its sucks because the Yolink sensors work so well and super long range. It doesnā€™t do much good when your leak sensors wonā€™t tell your water valve to shutoff because its in Home Assistant. Ebay is going to be full of used devices if they donā€™t do something quick.

2 Likes

Rob, would you be willing to reply to YoLink one last time, sharing the link to this thread. This thread appears to be started by a YoLink employee (AirWreck) but has since been abandoned by them. Perhaps YoLink is unaware of just how many people are still interested in the integration, and may not have their finger to the pulse on how many customers they are starting to hemorrhage due to their lack of awareness. It would be even better if they were to make their own presence here and discuss it with us directly. Surely a company their size is not too large for grassroots company PR.

2 Likes