YoLink integration

Our official Home Assistant integration is in internal beta testing right now.

12 Likes

Great news Eric. Thank you to you and the team for the hard work.

Yes and No escobarin, I do have the the data in HA, but not directly.

You have a few options

1. Use IFTTT which has a YoLink integration and use the IFTTT webhooks integration to trigger an automation in Home Assistant. I just set some helpers to the state of the YoLink sensor. IFTTT will have a cost if you have more that 5 applets.
  2. if you are using Alexa to can create routines to do something similar and there is no additional cost.

The is also an official API that seems reliable and many people (incl. myself) have had excellent results from it. I am still in testing phase though.

I know this is not what we all want but it does work.

Excited to hear about the official HA integration Eric posed above. Positive to see a company listen to the community. Can only get better.

I personally don’t mind a cloud integration for my current YoLink sensors, but some require a local integration. This is understandable. I would certainly be worried if for example a smoke sensors could not trigger a HA Automation because my internet is out.

Here is a link to a great video on webhooks and IFTTT to get you started. Great video for shortcuts too.

Apologies in advance if video links are not allowed to be posted.

Let us know how you progress.

Kind Regards
Jason

1 Like

As long as the intergration allows for pulling temps too, ill be happy. I use alot of the temp sensors to monitor things around my house.

Great news, I’ve been using my motion sensors with ifttt integrations but the response is not that fast. I think that would improve with home assistant.

Nice work!

How do we signup? Buying YoLink sensors immediately now that I know an integration is coming!

And they arrived. Nice set! Love the design and the fact that it has additional sensors on top to catch drips. Wish there was a model with a built-in alarm.

Will these also roam onto the Helium LoRaWAN (LongFi) network if the hub has an outage (e.g. power outage)? I noticed it uses 923.3 MhZ for LoRa, which is also shared by Helium. Or is there a way to get the AppEUI, DevEUI, and DevAddr for a sensor?

We saw you wanted a built-in alarm, so I had engineering and the factory stay late. Here you go: [WATER LEAK SENSOR 2 — YoLink (yosmart.com)](WATER LEAK SENSOR 2 — YoLink)

The other items will take a little longer. They are not currently compatible with LoRaWAN or Helium.

beta testing is complete, but it’s not been merged with HA yet.

our local control hub project has two competing designs on the drawing board. My design is actual a USB dongle. You furnish the machine, we furnish the transceiver and software.

3 Likes

Thank you Eric for the update, I’m looking forward to use the integration.

1 Like

I have 2 temp sensors and a door sensor if you need someone to test with home assistant.

I also have two motion sensors and a hub if you need someone to test.

Thanks,

Drezin

What’s the GitHub url to add it into HACS?

I popped into this forum just today but is this the link you are looking for?

Does this work for Yolink Motion Sensors?

they are no longer handing out those credentials, you get the credentials from the app and there are two, not four now :-(. They say they will have a hacs add-on from yolink that will support all their sensors and should be by end of Q1

2 Likes

Anxiously awaiting for this integration!
@Eric-YoLink, what timeline are you looking at for the local control hub?

@Eric-YoLink what’s the ETA on the integration?

Need to decide if I need to return products before Amazon return policy expires.

Local control hub, which will probably be a USB dongle, is probably not going to be seen before third quarter this year. We are seeing some crazy growth recently, and for various reasons, our new product timeline gets a little hazy about 3 months out. This will happen this year.
HA integration will be out before the end of March, as promised. I am looking forward to trying it out in my own home. I bought an RPi and loaded it with HA when we built our new home a year ago. It’s still sitting in a drawer in my shop. I’ve been too busy but now I will have no excuse to not set that up.

7 Likes

@Eric-YoLink is there still a discord channel where MQTT is being discussed? Earlier in the thread it was stated that users were seeing success.

yes. we have a couple private ones for end-user and commercial customers. email me for more info. eric at yosmart.com

3 Likes