Yoolax Smart Blinds

I think these smart blinds look pretty neat. Apparently they can be controlled via Tuya.

It can work with All versions of Alexa and Google Home via TuyaSmart App.

However, it seems that the Tuya Integration uses Cloud Polling, and I am trying to keep my setup local-only. Is there a way to control these locally? In the process of adding them to the Amazon cart, the product must first be customized from among various options. One such option is the means by which they are controlled. Perhaps someone would be interested enough to take a look at these options and ascertain which options would be best-suited for use with HA. ā€¦preferably locally.

2 Likes

I have seven of these blinds in my house already with the mini hub and four remotes. Would also like to know how to make this happen. Thanks for posting the inquiry.

I have a few of these. You can choose the ZF motor that is advertised to work with Amazon Echo directly. Those use yoolax zigbee motors that integrate great with HA locally (if you have a zigbee hub).

Any updates on this? Debating installing these in our new home. Seems that one model of their motor is zigbee compatibleā€¦ which I suppose I could buy a zigbee hub (not using zigbee for anything else currently) and maybe get it connected, but am also not entirely opposed to handling this through the cloud.

Anyone have any success with yoolax blinds and HA?

I can confirm they work fine through zigbee. The other option is to connect them through an echo device and have HA access them through that. I have not tried that.

Overall they are great shades. Iā€™ve only got 2 so far as I wanted to try them out but Iā€™m ordering 6 more since Iā€™m really happy with them.

I presume thatā€™s the P440 model with Zigbeeā€¦ any idea what the P412 uses?

[P412] Remote Motor required a bridge connect to Alexa.
[P440] Smart Motor can directly connect to Alexa (i.e.Echo Plus (2nd Gen) Echo Show (2nd Gen), Echo Studio, Echo Show 10(3rd Gen), Echo(4th Gen)

Has anyone tried their Zebra shades (Amazon.com)? They should use the same motor, but there has to be some additional setting to adjust the amount of overlap between the two layers, not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I have about 21 of these installed in my house using the P440 motor (Zigbee) for which I bought a Zigbee hub (I also was not using zigbee at all previous, this was a cheap $40 investment for a large project ultimately).

The P412 is an RF motor (radio frequency remote). I experimented with that as well using a bond RF bridge and was able to open and close the blinds, but couldnā€™t really do ā€œstatefulā€ actions (like, open to 50%). Any attempt to do anything other than fully opened or fully closed requires scripting and depends on basically timing of transmission of RF commands. In short, definitely not what you want.

The P440 works very well with SmartLife/Tuya apps on my phone. I am able to open/close in increments of 1%. There are two major caveats.

1. In SmartLife, when the blinds are added, all the options are written in Kanji, but the first options is the one you want. I use scenes because generally I want all my blinds either 20%, 90% or 100% (unique to my blinds, which are the Shangri-La style, so 100% is actually shaded, whereas 90% is light blocking).

2. The integration in HA isnā€™t sufficient. HA treats these as entity type cover and doesnā€™t afford the option to set a percentage open. Instead you can either open or close (only 2 states available). So I use Scenes defined in SmartLife and have the automations in HA calling those scenes. This is a workaround, but if youā€™re someone that wants everything configured in 1 place HA isnā€™t sufficient with these blinds just yet.

Lastly, I also bought one of the Zebra shades as initially I thought that was what I wanted. The do use the same motor options (P440 zigbee, P412 RF) and thusly even more important that you get granular control of percentage opened/closed, so again HA will fall short for those.

But if youā€™re willing to work in Tuya/SmartLife, then these blinds themselves are great. And likewise, I confirmed via Tuya API explorer that the methods exist to set and read position, so the shortcomings are exclusively on the HA side presently (see below API methods returned from one of my blinds).

{
  "result": {
    "category": "cl",
    "functions": [
      {
        "code": "position",
        "desc": "{\"unit\":\"%\",\"min\":0,\"max\":100,\"scale\":0,\"step\":5}",
        "name": "ēŖ—åø˜ä½ē½®",
        "type": "Integer",
        "values": "{\"unit\":\"%\",\"min\":0,\"max\":100,\"scale\":0,\"step\":5}"
      },
      {
        "code": "opposite",
        "desc": "{}",
        "name": "åå‘č®¾ē½®",
        "type": "Boolean",
        "values": "{}"
      },
      {
        "code": "control",
        "desc": "{\"range\":[\"open\",\"stop\",\"close\",\"continue\"]}",
        "name": "ęŽ§åˆ¶",
        "type": "Enum",
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"open\",\"stop\",\"close\",\"continue\"]}"
      }
    ],
    "status": [
      {
        "code": "position",
        "name": "ēŖ—åø˜ä½ē½®",
        "type": "Integer",
        "values": "{\"unit\":\"%\",\"min\":0,\"max\":100,\"scale\":0,\"step\":5}"
      },
      {
        "code": "opposite",
        "name": "åå‘č®¾ē½®",
        "type": "Boolean",
        "values": "{}"
      },
      {
        "code": "control",
        "name": "ęŽ§åˆ¶",
        "type": "Enum",
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"open\",\"stop\",\"close\",\"continue\"]}"
      }
    ]
  },
  "success": true,
  "t": 1649785044702,
  "tid": "36e202d8ba8711ecaeb6e2eaac73ece5"
}

I am looking for motorized blinds that are ā€˜compatibleā€™ with HA. These seem promising but I really need the integration to be well developed. I am slowly learning but have little time to invest. I am hoping ā€˜someoneā€™ improves the integration for these blinds.

Also, what is the connector type and required voltage on the blind unit?

@butimirish you say-

The integration in HA isnā€™t sufficient. HA treats these as entity type cover and doesnā€™t afford the option to set a percentage open. Instead you can either open or close (only 2 states available).

Perhaps (probably) I am confused here but covers (?now?) allow a position to be specified as range of 0 to 100%. So, if the P440 motor exists via Zigbee as an entity or device, It seems like we are (?almost?) home free. Would you mind clarifying what method you use(ed) for HA integration and possibly sharing an example of what worked for you - however poorly - with HA?

Regards,

Q

I just got my 2nd set of these blinds. I love the first set. When I was unpacking the new set, I must have have triggered the remote because I saw then doing something in the box. Since then, I cannot get them working. I took the actual unit out of the valence and made sure the fabric was rolled up properly. I get a solid green light after charging for 2.5 days. Press the button for 1 second, and it jogs. But it will not work with the remote. The old blinds work with that remote but not these. I followed all the videos, but it doesnā€™t react as they say it should. I tried linking them with Alexa Show 10, but NG. They will be sending me a new set, but I donā€™t feel like waiting another 3 weeks. Any ideas???

I just got two of these blinds and installed them yesterday. Because of the reports that HA only does open/close via zigbee, I tried messing with bond and it seems it does have RF still only on channel 1? I had set one up on Bond and they were both being controlled even though the other was a good 90-100 ft away and on a different floor. Whats weird is that when I do a different channel, that seems to be IR. The RF version has ā€œnext closeā€ and ā€œnext openā€ buttons which allow it to cycle through your saved positions. The learned IR in Bond only has open, close, and stop.

Either way, it was still frustrating getting them unlinked from each other so I tried out the Zigbee integration again. At first, I thought it was only open, close, stop, but there is actually a position setting that then allows me to set up automations and just set the position that I want. Setting position 7% seems to have the shade down and blinds fully closed. 0% is down but blinds open. 100% is fully up.

Guess Ill be buying more of these!

either HA recently updated ZHA to include a position setting with these blinds or thereā€™s a new firmware for these blinds? see my post above this one as I also saw the position setting, which is all I need to be fully integrated with HA

I just installed my first one I received this week.
I added it to zigbee, I pressed to close the blinds for the first time on HA, it closed the blind but now I see the button ā€œUPā€ is greyed out, I can only press ā€œStopā€ button or ā€œDownā€ button, but both donā€™t do anything.
Any idea on what is going on?

Hi, I am interested in the blinds, not the shades. Does anyone know if the panel blind motor supports Zigbee? Reading the web site it says ā€œwifiā€ along with Alexa, Tuya, IFTT. I hve integrations already in HA with Tuya so it will work but i rather use Zigbee/Zwave. Iā€™m choosing the panel blinds over roller shades because i have triple sliding doors that are wide and the cost is 3x for roller shades.

Thanks

Mine did the exact same thing. Did you figure it out?

I found that the zigbee connection is pretty hit or miss and sometimes have to re-pair it. Are you using ZHA and what zigbee coordinator are you using?

I did reboot my home assistant and it was able to connect to it.

Iā€™m experiencing the same thing with Graywind blinds from amazon (they show up as Yookee in zigbee2mqtt). I can change the state of them through zigbee2mqtt UI, and can even choose a specific # for them to go to (position), but when adding an entity card with up down and stop, I experience the same thing as you. I assume no resolution so far @Pedro1x ?

1 Like

I dont think the Yoolax blinds are really stable through the ZHA integration in Home Assistant. I assume that is what you and @Pedro1x are using?

I recently bought a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 dongle and set up Zigbee2Mqtt. Next time one of my Yoolax blinds becomes unresponsive in ZHA/Home assistant, I will try pairing it to Zigbee2Mqtt and see if that helps