Your Home Digital Twin: Interactive floor 3d plan

I messaged you the link. Thx a lot.

1 Like

Hello everybody, I have to announce a major problem with the card. This afternoon I have posted 3 new releases hoping that I fixed an issue introduced by HA 2022.3.x. I have now deleted the 3 releases, if you have upgraded to one of those 3 releases 1.3.5-beta, 1.3.5-beta2 and 1.3.5, please revert back to the last know working (1.3.4 re-downaload via HACS). In any case those of you who have already upgraded to HA 2022.3.x will not be able to use the Visual Editor of the floor3d card (until I will fix, but it could take a while). Those of you who have no special reason to upgrade HA and that want to be able to use the visual editor in floor3d-card, please suspend your upgrade until I will find a fix and use the card 1.3.4.
The code editor is still available for the more advanced users in all versions of HA and in <= 1.3.4 of the card.

Refer to issue number ENTITIES LIST INCOMPLETE · Issue #86 · adizanni/floor3d-card · GitHub for tracking resolution and contribute.
Refer to this article for an explanation of the why it is happening :Paper Elements are being removed | Home Assistant Developer Docs

I was busy fixing the issue with the paper elements and the editor of the card, I will dedicate some time today to the brightness issues

Sources for the ExportToHASS plugin are now available in the repository: Please contribute.

Hi Andy, thank you for your great work. I wanted to ask you if it is possible to solve this problem you see in the figure.

Nice :laughing: Can you post the config ? In this case it would also help to have the obj file (if you are ok with sharing).

Hello @Amerigo_Rossi,

I have tested with the same freezer object and using this configuration:

- entity: input_boolean.light_toilet
    type3d: door
    door:
      doortype: swing
      side: right
      direction: outer
      degrees: '40'
      pane: Fridge_Freezer_9
    object_id: <Freezer>

and this object group:

object_groups:
  - object_group: Freezer
    objects:
      - object_id: Fridge_Freezer_9 <---- front panel
      - object_id: Fridge_Freezer_11 <---- handle
      - object_id: Fridge_Freezer_10 <----- inner panel

keep in mind that I have used my plugin to export the model, so the name of the elements will be different from yours, but I have taken the Freezer door, the freezer handle and the inner pane.

This is the result:

3 Likes

Thank you! I found my error:
‘’’

• entity: binary_sensor.port_freezer_on_off
    object_id: <freezer_port>
    door:
    hinge: Refrigerator_e_freezer_1
    degrees: ‘50’
    ‘’’
    instead of:
    ‘’’
  • entity: binary_sensor.port_freezer_on_off
    object_id: <freezer_port>
    door:
    pane: Refrigerator_and_freezer_9
    degrees: ‘50’
    ‘’’
    I also use your plugin and I find it very convenient! :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Hope you all enjoy the card !! You use hinge when you have an hinge object on the door, pane when you only have the door.

2 Likes

:+1:I understand :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi adizzani, I have a doubt.
I’am using the code below to control a sonoff TX switch with 1 gang and 2 lamps connect - both lamps objects have the same name LUZ_HALL_1.

It works, because it turns the lamps on/off, but I can’t show the light on/off in the 3D object.
What should I do to make to show light on/off in the 3D object as well?

- entity: switch.sonoff_1000a8443c_2
    type3d: gesture
    object_id: LUZ_HALL_1
    gesture:
      domain: switch
      service: toggle
    light:
      color: white
      lumens: '2000'

Hello @Vincenzo_Filho, light and gesture cannot be combined and you can create multiple entity entry with the same name. What I would do is this configuration:

type3d: light
  object_id: LUZ_HALL_1
  light:
    color: white
    lumens: '2000'

this will define a light source from the LUZ_HALL_1 object that will be switched off and on by the switch status, also double-clicking on the LUZ_HALL_1 object will switch the light on and off

You can add this:

type3d: gesture
  object_id: <your switch object in the model see picture>
  gesture:
    domain: switch
    service: toggle

if you want to double-click on a switch object and toogle the same light

Example of a switch object:

Hi adizzanni, thanks for the support.
I would like to know if it’s possible configure two events for the same object:

1. one click event to turn the light on and off;
  2. double-click to show more-info (change color and intensity of the led lamp)

You can switch from double click to single click for the full card with the click parameter, but, for the same object you have only one possible event.

How can I turn on/off a led lamp and also have the option to show the “more info” of the led lamp, only using the floorplan 3D card?

Can you please give me a example?

When a lamp is bound to a light or switch and you use the

type3d: light

unfortunately today you cannot show the more-info at the same time. What I usually do is to put the card in a sidebar view and put all relevant controls in the sidebar in an entity card (also a light card or others).

You can also play with other entity types and put functional object in your model like small cubes or cylinders that are used only to do other actions (gesture) or display more-info panels.

I will have to review how the actions are played on object; I will do a total revamp in the design of version 2.0 using all your suggestions and inputs.

Awesome.
It would be great if you could implement a hold/longpress action for an extended/popup menu.

Hi @adizanni, do you have a deadline to release version 2.0?
We are looking forward :slight_smile:

You have to be patient, I’ve not even created the branch in the project. But I will start soon

2 Likes