Youtube component

How about a Youtube sensor component that tells you when your favorite youtuber has posted a new video or is live streaming. I know this has been done for Twitch, would be awesome if this can be done for Youtube too.

+1?

no love?

You probably will need to create what you want.

or maybe a simple restful sensor might work if you can find the right endpoint that returns the latest video from a channel. You can then automate an alert or something when that sensor changes.

Someone just released one.

fantastic! I actually made one using the rest sensor, but it requires an API key…this doesn’t seem to need one

can someone tell me how I use this to cast the video to one of my chromecast devices?

I installed this on my dev server and although what it does is pretty cool, it’s not quite what I was looking for. This custom component basically shows the title of the latest video on a given youtube channel. But, it doesn’t show when a channel is streaming live.

For this, I used the rest api component, and created an automation that polls a given channel and sends a notification when the channel is live streaming.

You can do this, but it will need to be in two steps (or more).

First step is to set up the custom component, or a rest api to poll a Youtube channel.
The second step (which might be kind of complicated, is to use either the rest api component or the scrape component to pull the url or the video ID from the youtube site.

The last step would be to create an automation that is triggered when the state is changed and the action would be to stream the video your chromcast.

Its all possible but will take some investigative work on your part.

Help is here:

Click

There’s now a YouTube integration as of the most recent release:

This topic can probably be marked as resolved.