Z-Wave Fan Control

Even after the addition to manufacturer_specific.xml it only presents itself as:

zwave.ge_unknown_type4944_id3131_30

Shouldn’t the name change when I alter the xml file?

The switch says it is ready. I’m running 46.0 HA. My 12730 switch works fine.

This guy just will not make an entity no matter what you do. I can rename it in OZW or in the HA config.

averageRequestRTT: 73
capabilities: routing,listening,beaming
product_name: Unknown: type=4944, id=3131
receivedCnt: 23
node_name: GE Unknown: type=4944, id=3131
neighbors: 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,23,25,26,29
sentCnt: 17
lastResponseRTT: 103
sentTS: 2017-06-12 20:23:19:772 
receivedTS: 2017-06-12 20:23:19:916 
query_stage: Complete
receivedDups: 8
is_awake: true
friendly_name: GE Unknown: type=4944, id=3131
manufacturer_name: GE
sentFailed: 0
retries: 0
node_id: 30
lastRequestRTT: 79
receivedUnsolicited: 7
is_ready: true
averageResponseRTT: 97
is_failed: false
is_zwave_plus: true
is_info_received: true
max_baud_rate: 40000

Make sure you’ve stopped Home Assistant before you change/delete zwcfg_*.xml, since Home Assistant will write the file from memory when it closes.

Any thoughts on how to ensure the input_select’s stay in sync with the fan operation if manually switched? I was thinking about a automation that on the fan.xxxx state change would re-sync the input_select.

But maybe a more elegant way?

I finally did the stop/delete thing then got it to take the rename (GE 14287 Fan Switch)

zwave.ge_14287_fan_switch_30

However there are still no lights, switches, dimmer, or fan entities. Something with this switch.

Man, I’m tempted to order one just to figure out what’s going on here.

There’s another guy/thread here somewhere so I know it isn’t just me fouling this up. :slight_smile:

It appears as a zwave device fine and if you go line by line compared to every other switch I have it looks like it’s ready to roll. I have no idea at all how an entity gets generated so I think I’ve exhausted my abilities here.

Just for a minor update I built up a new Pi with Home Assistant and I have another Aeotech Zwave stick which I reset. Fresh, clean install and while the zwave device again gets created no entity is created. Same thing on a new install.

I have one of these too and updated my zwave manufacturer files this afternoon. That didn’t help either. open Zwave doesn’t know what it is.

Just setup a fresh install of HA with this GE switch, I have the same problem. HA doesn’t show any controls for it.

Edit: I found a solution here and it worked for me: GE Fan Switch 14287

Check this out