Z-Wave garage door opener with ZWaveJS2MQTT?

I’m trying to configure a z-wave garage door opener (GoControl GD00Z-8-GC) to work with home assistant. I was able to add the opener to ZWaveJS2MQTT and I can open and close the door from within it. Alas, I cannot figure out how to add a card to home assistant to monitor the state of the door and open and close it. Could someone please help me? I’m really stuck and have no clue what to do.

Have you added any cards or modified your dashboard at all yet or is this your first card you are trying to add?

I have added cards and modified my dashboard. My zigbee devices work well. This zwave garage door opener is giving me troubles. I tried updating my home assistant docker file from stable to latest but that did not do the trick either.

What kind of troubles are you having with it ? Errors?

ZWaveJS2MQTT sees the garage door opener and I can open and close the garage from there:

Home assistant does not see anything:

I believe this is the problem:

I have both home assistant and ZWave JS running with docker on my synology nas.

Thanks for the help!

So you have a cover entity and want to add it to lovelace?

yes, but it looks like home assistant is not communicating with ZWaveJS2MQTT. I get this error saying that the version is incompatible (see the the third screenshot in my post). I tried having latest and stable as tags for my home assistant dockerfile, i have latest for my zwave js dockerfile.

Do you have an entity in HA called cover.something

Lool in developer tools|states.

I do not have an entity like that

Right, must be a problem with zwavejs. What version of the addon do you have?

The error message means you need to upgrade zwavejs2mqtt. It won’t connect until you do.

Which is why I asked about version.

App version 1.1.1, Zwavejs Version 6.2.0. This is my docker-compose.yml:

version: '3.7'

services:
  zwavejs2mqtt:
    container_name: zwavejs2mqtt
    image: zwavejs/zwavejs2mqtt:latest
    restart: always
    tty: true
    stop_signal: SIGINT
    networks:
      - zwave
    devices:
      - '/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0'
    volumes:
      - ./store:/usr/src/app/store
    ports:
      - '8091:8091'
      - '3000:3000'
networks:
  zwave:

I restarted my synology and this started working. I can now open and close my door from within home assistant. I’m trying to figure out how to add the integration so it works with google assitant (i have other things working but this is my first secure device that requires a pin)

1 Like