Z-Wave JS - Aeotec ZWA003 NanoMote Quad

Thanks. It seems that re-interview fixed the problem. Now I am getting KeyPressed, KeyReleased etc. instead of 0/1/2 and blueprint is working fine. The only mistake I was making was that when re-interviewing, I had to make sure that nanomote was not sleeping. I had to press button to keep it awake.

Thanks…
Arun

Hi! Just interested, where can I find this page? Is this a UI for a specific Z-Wave dongle or what?
Thanks,
R.

Hi @rsilves -This page is from ZWave JS UI

I was struggling to get the NanoMote to pair successfully. It was pairing for me but I couldn’t see any z-wave messages being triggered. After some trial and error, the issue seemed to be pairing was attempting to use security but silently failing. After pairing without security, I’m able to use the NanoMote Quad successfully with the blueprint. Thanks!

2 Likes

Applogies for being the Noob in the room.
Where’s the link? HA wants me to enter a URL to download the blueprint.
Other workaround?
TNX

Sorry, I honestly don’t remember how it works because I’ve never used that feature before.

Have you tried using the thread address?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/z-wave-js-aeotec-zwa003-nanomote-quad/256024

If you have access to your configuration using the File Editor, VS-Code, or any other way, you can just add the blueprint manually.

resolved.

Tried again and it worked.

1 Like

Where can I find the logs to start debugging?

Looking at the logbook, the Nanomote is responding to a ‘ping.’

It looks like the blueprint upload worked fine. I have the simplest automation set up to toggle my hall lights. (Hall lights can be controlled via the dashboard, so that device is working). However, when I press the Nanomote button, no change in hall lights.

Where is the log so I can see if a button press is being acknowledged by HA? Should I see it on the device logbook, listed near the ‘ping?’
Then, where do I see the button press entering the automation?

TNX

In the Z-Wave JS UI add-on, there is a debug tab - click START, then press a button on your nano mote. You should see some output similar to the following screenshot. This confirms Z-Wave JS recognizes the nano mote button presses.

In Home Assistant, you can check that Z-Wave JS is sending a button press by subscribing to the zwave_js_value_notification event - Press START LISTENING, then press a button on your nano mote. You should see some output similar to the following screenshot.

:gear: Settings > Automations and Scripts, then select the automation you made using the blueprint. In the far top right - Press TRACES

Example screenshot showing a trace from a successful automation trigger and completion

Thank you. Have to work a few days… will return to it.