Z-wave JS stopped working. Most of my home out of order... Here we go again

Just had an update on Z-wave JS, from Z-Wave JS 0.1.40 to Z-Wave JS 0.1.41.

After that update Z-wave is dead.
All my buttons and sensors out of order.

No light in the bathroom, WC and so on.

I so love those updates… NOT!!!

So, restored the snapshot made by the update. Did not help. with 0.1.40 nothing works too…

This is, what i get now in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zwave_js/__init__.py:590
First occurred: 00:03:52 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 00:03:52

Error setting up entry Z-Wave JS for zwave_js
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/__init__.py", line 121, in async_setup_entry
    await async_ensure_addon_running(hass, entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/__init__.py", line 590, in async_ensure_addon_running
    addon_network_key = addon_options[CONF_ADDON_NETWORK_KEY]
KeyError: 'network_key'

HEEEEELP :- :cold_face:

3 Likes

I too am having the same issue after the update.

Maybe need to add Zwave network key?

Why? it’s just an update!

The integration fails to start, no way to add whatever…

The key is defined in the addon’s settings in the supervisor screen

There was a key before the update. Everything worked fine just half hour before, for about a year. There must be something wrong in the update, that nukes it down…

Ok, after the backup restore it seems, that a host reboot was needed too.
I’m back on 0.1.40 and all is alright now. Just afraid again to f…k my setup again with the update… So frustrating is this…
Every time, there is an update, the first thing, that appears, is fear…

How do i find out now, when it is secure to do the update?

1 Like

I always wait a few days to update and keep an eye out on github for issues. If no issues, I figure it’s good to go.

Well, if we all wait like this, there will be no issues… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You should submit an issue.

Submit an issue on the github page so they are aware

busy with exactly that now… :wink:

But, hell, i was scared again :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks.

The newest version of the addon supports the new S2 keys, and the migration from “network_key” to the new S2 keys has tripped up the integration.

i hope, it gets sorted soon…

I had to do a full restore to the backup from this morning, not just a partial.

for me partial worked, but needed a reboot.

Did a partial restore also. All ok now

I am in the same boat.

2021-09-29 19:35:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Z-Wave JS for zwave_js
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/__init__.py", line 121, in async_setup_entry
await async_ensure_addon_running(hass, entry)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/__init__.py", line 590, in async_ensure_addon_running
addon_network_key = addon_options[CONF_ADDON_NETWORK_KEY]
KeyError: 'network_key'

The documentation said the network key gets copied over to one of the 4 new keys for the various levels of non/secure inclusion. Mine did but it is all uppercase… I wonder whether that matters. There is also a “network key” field which is now blank (as it is deprecated and was moved over) so I tried pasting my old key there but it got cleared and moved.

I see that on @BebeMischa 's Github issue they acknowledged a big and are releasing a fix as early as tomorrow.

Same here, but all good

I am having the same issue - the zwave add-on appears to be working - but the zwave integration says failed to setup and is not working.

I can’t seem to do a restore - I keep getting an error message that says “can not restore in startup state”

Any ideas?