Z-wave JS stopped working. Most of my home out of order... Here we go again

Same , partial worked, but needed a reboot. thank god for backups, and its not smarthings would have lost it all LOL.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. My Zwave network is not working anymore. How can I go back one version? I try to restore to the previous version.

Restore a backup and restart the machine.

Same problem here as well. I just updated and it’s broke.

Who, it works again with the .40 version
Thanks

1 Like

Thank you, it’s ok

1 Like

Restore a partial backup and disable and reenable integration :slightly_smiling_face:

… and this is why I keep auto-update turned off! :smiley:

Arrrrrg. Yes, restore from full backup AND restart host got me back to functional Z-Wave inside Home Assistant. I’m glad I found this thread.
BUT
All of my Z-Wave devices are ‘new’ entities again over in Apple HomeKit land. They are removed from scenes, automations, and all land in one random room. (30+ devices)

This is so frustrating and I’ve had to do this HomeKit manual restoration about 5 times now in as many months.

Which direction do I poke? Is this HomeKit integration issue? A Z-Wave JS issue? Something that is un-solvable with Apple’s HomeKit API?
I have to imagine each Z-Wave device has a unique serial number, and that HomeKit would understand that as a unique device identifier. Why does one little glitch always cause my whole HomeKit house to fall apart? :confused:

looks like a fix is coming from the latest changelog

• Retain legacy network_key config option to stay backwards compatible.

Someone already had success with 0.1.42?

I got the problem with 0.1.41 and the problem still existed with 0.1.42 (even after reboot).
I removed the Legacy code (s0_legacy_key) in the configuration and restarted - after that it now works as before.
It has generated a new key. Possibly I don’t / didn’t use the legacy stuff and that might be why it works for me now.

There was a bug in 1.41. The new release 1.42 is fixing this

Is that, what you have read, or what you have experienced?

I would like to see a confirmation, before I burn my fingers again…

Experienced myself.
1.41 did break my integration
1.42 fixed it again

1 Like

Ok, I now upgraded from 0.1.40 directly to 0.1.42 and rebooted the machine. Now everything is ok. Did not need to edit anything.

0.1.42 still doesn’t like the “old” key format (0x12, 0x34, 0x56, … etc) – it needs to be in the format specified in the config documentation.

When I originally converted I left the key “as is” in the original format and it worked fine up to 0.1.40. Just noting this in case anyone else still used the old key format. Change to the new key format before upgrading!

(Edited for clarity.)

1 Like

I just upgraded from 0.1.40 to 0.1.42 with no issues. Thankfully I saw this post, and I had “auto update” set for Zwave JS. Turned that off for good. I do appreciate that HA offers to back up the add on prior to updating. Nice safety net.

2 Likes

After upgrade to 0.1.42 it still didn’t work and I still got config error in Integrations.
A warm reboot fixed the problem. Happy to be able to finally open my roller shutter :smiley:

I have tried upgrade from 0.1.40 to 0.1.42, everything is broken :frowning: Before, it worked perfectly.

And on the log page :

Config seems ok :

Reboot didn’t help…
Thanks for your help.