Z Wave Migration Broke My Entire House

That’s your binary sensor. You can use a state trigger with that.

And there it is…

“Office motion: off”

We will all be waiting for the apologies now…

Also, double check what that PIR Motion Detected slider is. That may adjust the response time. I cant’ tell because I can’t see the full name.

I know that, and it’s what I’m using, and the response time.

why is it all the way up?

To clarify…

Does it represent the detection time? i.e. battery motion sensors usually can only trigger 1 time per a specified duration. That slider may represent that duration.

It may also represent the time in which is responds to motion.

I tried sliding it, and it doesn’t seem to affect anything. That was disabled when I did the update, I enabled it thinking it was a response time or sensitivity setting, but it doesn’t seem to affect anything. This is the response time setting and it’s as low as it can go

response-time

Yes, ok that number represents the duration I was talking about, not the response time. Basically you’ll only get triggered motion inside a duration. That’s what that parameter represents. So that’s not the problem.

That’s not the response time.

That is the “re-trigger wait time” or the time it waits after triggering until the trigger can be sent again. If you set it too low then battery life will suffer.

I have that exact same model and same firmware on it and I have no lag issues with it.

I tried moving it both up and down, and it had no effect, I just left it there.

I’ve adjusted the DIP switch inside too, I’m fine with sacrificing battery life for faster re-trigger times.

I just looked thru the zwavejs control panel for my device and I don’t see any way of adjusting the sensitivity.

Could you at least acknowledge that we cleared up at least one of your misconceptions about state vs device triggers?

after being called a smart ass (and then proven right) I think I deserve at least that little bit of contrition.

No I didn’t even have to prove you wrong you were proven wrong here

So please if you feel compelled to “help” me again, just don’t

No I wasn’t.

That was a general statement from petro because at the time we didn’t know for sure which device you had and if that device provided a binary sensor.

Now we know the answers to both of those questions and YOU WERE WRONG!

your screenshot shows the binary sensor right there for everyone to see, even you.

I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Nope, I’ll continue to help you in spite of the fact that you don’t appreciate it.

Because I’m just stubborn that way and my answers here might help someone else who actually f%^$ing appreciates it.

Allow me to clarify, please don’t communicate with me any further, in any form, on any platform, about any subject, at any point in the future. You don’t even need to acknowledge this message in any way.

I sincerely hope this removes any ambiguity or answers any internal dialogue you may have had on the matter.

Yeah, sorry.

Not gonna happen. I’ll reply to whomever and whenever I want. Or don’t. That is totally up to me and you have literally no say in that at all.

If you don’t want to see my replies you have the power to put me on ignore. At least I think you do. I’ve never used it even when there are people like you who it could be justified for.

You just aren’t adult enough to acknowledge that you were wrong and want to try to avert the conversation away from that fact.

And I kind of like poking people who act like you do. :laughing:

1 Like

So to be clear, I’ve now politely asked you to refrain from engaging with me twice, and you are choosing to ignore that request, additionally you’re now intentionally acting in a confrontational and adversarial manner, for no other reason, other than your own personal enjoyment?

Seems like the opportunity for a moderator to step in…

ignore
Simple solution. Or just dont reply :zipper_mouth_face:

thanks I didn’t know where that was