Z-wave - One device is controlling another

Hey

I have a problem for a second time in a couple of months.

The problem occurs between 2 Qubino Flush 1 Relay. It can be all fine but suddenly they controll each other.
If I turn on one of the relays the other one turns on aswell.

I had this problem for a couple a months ago and then I had to completely wipe my Z-wave config from Hassio and start alla over again. Tried everything before wipeing my setup but nothing worked.

Anyone had this problem?

How do you guys add Z-wave devices to the setup? Do you take your Aeotec Z-stick Gen5 out from Hassio and pressing the button on Z-stick or how do you do the setup of new devices?

Need HELP! =/

These Qubino things create a huge number of ‘sub-devices/switches’ , some if these create this behavior. Make sure you use the correct one.

I have theese entities of the relay

It is the top one that I use for switching on/off the device

When you add new devices do NOT remove the zwave stick from your system.

From the web UI, go to Configuration > Z-Wave > and then either “Add Node” or “Add Node Secure”. Also note that this is the only way to add devices in secure mode. If you are using secure mode for some/all devices, then you also need to configure a zwave network key.

For me these double relays create 3 switches; 1 that does both at the same time and 1 for each individual switch.

|[switch.qubino_zmnhbdx_flush_2_relays_switch_15_0
|[switch.qubino_zmnhbdx_flush_2_relays_switch_15_0_2
|[switch.qubino_zmnhbdx_flush_2_relays_switch_15_0_3

I believe I tried that long ago but I hade better luck with removing the stick från my system.

How do you add an device when the recommendation is that they should be within a certain range from the stick?

It is not an double relay it is just a single relay! I have two of these Qubino relays.

Ah! Thats is indeed more weird. The only thing I can think of is either an zwave association (which should even work if HASS & Zwave stick are powered down) or an automation in HASS that triggers this (check logbook)

I never have used zwave associations so not sure how to remove if set accidentally

As long as there is a powered zwave device in range of what you are adding, using the application should work. Since zwave runs as a mesh fabric, the powered devices work with the zwave controller(stick) extend your effective range.

I went round looking for Z-wave entries in the files in config-folder and found the motherload of goodies… =)

In config/.storage/ I found three files with entries from Z-wave that didnt get erased when I removed Z-wave from Hassio. The files are named: “core.config_entries”, “core.device_registry” and “core.entity_registry”

I erased all entries regarding to Z-wave and then restared the system without Z-stick in the RPi. Then I began from stratch.

Now it works again. Hope I dont get any problems from now on. Added the devices by pressing Add Node in Hassio.