[Z2M] Inovelli VZM31-SN Blue Series 2-1 Switch LED Notification Script

A blueprint script to control the LED notification bar on the Inovelli VZM31-SN Blue Series 2-1 Switch. This is based on the Inovelli Z-Wave Red Series Notification LED script.

Features

• Select one or multiple devices, entities, or areas with Inovelli switches
  • Selectors for LED Number, Color, Brightness Level, Effect, and Duration
  • LED Number, Color, Effect, and Duration can accept direct values or the “friendly name” listed in the dropdown
  • Debug info to diagnose issues
    • Warning: Debug mode will create a persistent message for every entity called in the script plus 1
  • Supports effects added in firmware v2.02
    • New effects require Zigbee2MQTT version 1.28.4
    • New effects: aurora, slow_falling, medium_falling, fast_falling, slow_rising, medium_rising, fast_rising, medium_blink, slow_chase, fast_chase, fast_siren, slow_siren

Requirements

• Zigbee2MQTT, this does not work with ZHA
  • The device name (found in Settings > Devices > MQTT > DeviceName) of the switch entity needs to match the “friendly name” in Zigbee2MQTT

Changes

Expand to view

Refactor and Fixes

• Add target selector
    • Choose multiple areas, devices, and/or entities
    • The entity_id field still works
  • Default values changed
    • Effect - “Slow Blink” > “Clear”
    • Color - “Yellow” > “Red”
  • Fix the LED number
    • Zigbee2MQTT expects 0-6, not 1-7
    • All is now -1 (was 0)
  • Allow direct value for effect, using the friendly name is no longer required
  • Force lowercase on the conversion of fields and parameters
  • Allow 100 parallel runs (was 10)
  • Update Debug info
    • Overall info: entity list, entity count, led, color, level, effect, duration
    • Each entity: entity, device name, topic, payload
    • Warning: Debug mode will create a persistent message for every entity called in the script!

• Initial version

Add the Blueprint

Import Blueprint

• Click the “Import Blueprint” button above
    • Click Preview, then Import Blueprint
  • Click “Create Script” from the Blueprint
    1. Select an icon (ex. mdi:led-on)
    2. Choose Entity ID (ex. inovelli_blue_led_zigbee2mqtt)
    3. Save Script
  • The script should now be available to Home Assistant

Using The Script

Direct Link to Blueprint

2 Likes

I am looking for something exactly like this but I neither know how to get it to work nor how it works. There is nowhere a way to configure the switch(es) and all the parameters.

Can you share how to use this blueprint? In “Blueprints” I select “CREATE SCRIPT”. Do I need to enter anything in “Entity ID”? What exactly?

Then in blueprint it just says “Set LED effects for Inovelli Blue 2-in-1 switches.” and “This blueprint doesn’t have any inputs.”.

Thanks!

When you create the script, you can enter anything for the Name, Icon, and Entity ID.
I suggest leaving the name as the default, mdi:led-on for LED, and inovelli_blue_led_zigbee2mqtt for the Entity ID.
Once you click save, this script should be available to call from Developer Tools > Services and from an automation.

I’ll update the post above with more detailed instructions.

Aah now I see how that works. Thanks!

One small suggestion: It would be great if there would be a way to group multiple lights together. For example, to create a lights group with all Inovelli switches and use the group as entity (this doesn’t seem to work right now).

I am planning on using this script in many different locations and right now I have to enumerate all my 20 switches manually. If I were to add some I need to update many different places.

Good idea, I think I could figure out how to iterate over a group.

1 Like

You could use reuse my code based on functions like area_entities to iterate through areas. As devices are installed and assigned to areas they’re automatically picked up in existing automations.

Refactor and Fixes

• Add target selector
    • Choose multiple areas, devices, and/or entities
    • The entity_id field still works
  • Default values changed
    • Effect - “Slow Blink” > “Clear”
    • Color - “Yellow” > “Red”
  • Fix the LED number
    • Zigbee2MQTT expects 0-6, not 1-7
    • All is now -1 (was 0)
  • Allow direct value for effect, using the friendly name is no longer required
  • Force lowercase on the conversion of fields and parameters
  • Allow 100 parallel runs (was 10)
  • Update Debug info
    • Overall info: entity list, entity count, led, color, level, effect, duration
    • Each entity: entity, device name, topic, payload
    • Warning: Debug mode will create a persistent message for every entity called in the script!
2 Likes

Thanks, your script helped a ton!

Good. I’m glad. :slight_smile: