Zehnder ComfoConnect component

Is anyone else seeing problems since recent HA updates?

I’ve spend some time in rewriting the integration and the underlying library to communicate with the Comfoconnect LAN C (it’s asyncio now).

This integration supports the following additional features over the existing integration:

• Configurable through the UI.
  • Allows to modify the balance mode, bypass mode, temperature profile and ventilation mode.
  • Changes to fan speed won’t be reverted after 2 hours.
  • Support to clear alarms.

But since it’s a big change, it could use some testing before I can submit this to Home Assistant.

If you want, you can install the update trough HACS.

See GitHub - michaelarnauts/home-assistant-comfoconnect: Home Assistant integration for Zehnder ComfoAir trough a Zehnder ComfoConnect LAN C. for more information.

7 Likes

Looks good, but can the power usage be restored?

You can, you need to go to the integration screen, and enable the sensor. Not everything is enabled by default.

1 Like

Ah,got it. Hadn’t seen those. Cheers

I don’t see where I can do that. Can you please explain a little more? And I don’t see a current Rmot sensor, is that correct?

It’s in the device page. Scroll down to the diagnose section and click the link to open the hidden entities.

3 Likes

Michael, this is great, thanks a lot!

Installation was smooth over here and it seems to run fine for now. Will report back in case of issues.

Being curios, any specific reason why you removed the “comfoairq” part of entity names? It was quite convenient for searching in general and to use with a wildcard to show all sensors by comfoairq_*

That was not the purpose, but I’m not sure what change triggers this. I hope to keep the old way (sensor.devicename_sensorname).

Also, there is a away to keep the sensor history, but I need to do some migrations for that I guess. Things to look into later.

1 Like

When manually setting fan speed to a specific setting, is there a way to hand over a timeout as well, after which it reverts to back to the auto schedule value?

Besides - do you intend to implement away and boost modes as well to the integration?

Great piece of code, btw :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Briliant Michael. I just got the LAN C unit and immediately installed via HACS. Working perfectly!

One question, I have several RF sensor attached to my ComfoAir. Is there a way to get these values (eg CO2 level, humidity).

Cheers!

I guess it should be possible, but I don’t know how to read the values. I don’t have any of those on my unit, so I can’t really test it.

No worries, the thing is I don’t see them in the official ComfoConnect either; so was wondering if I had done something wrong in setting them up.

They do seem to work because I can control the fan speed. And since they are ridiculously expensive I was hoping to get a bit more out of them. I have the RF versions.

Keen to hear if anybody has experience with these. Thanks!

I’ve had some contact with zehnder people, the RF ones don’t show any values of the CO (got the same here), they only help to control the ComfoAir. The 0-10v versions connected to the option box can be red through the app (and maybe HA), you can see those values a little lower on the status page of the zehnder app.

If I knew that earlier, I would have bought a 0-10v set, but since everything is installed and all electricity is done, it’s not possible 8-/

Is this version of the Zehnder integration going to replace the original one? Really looking forward to use most functions of the Tasks tab of the zehnder app in HA (preferably the away and temp profile)

Edit: just installed the integration: Everything works perfect! I’ve added ‘comfoairq_’ to all entities, so nothing needs to be changed from the original integration. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Hi Roelv, same here now reading this. All installed and no way I can pull wires from the various RF sensors to my ComfoAir. I am considering replacing the RFs with an ESP, this gives me insights and more control over what happens when.

Hi Guys
i‘m having issues with the Lan-C Module.

Due to the DHCP Server the IP Adress changes from time to time and i always have to reconfigure it in HA.

What is the solution to this Problem?
And how have you guys implemented it?

Thanks in advance

Assign a manual ip address to the lan-c in the router (or whatever runs your dhcp server).

1 Like

Also you can bind IP address in the router for LAN-C in the DHCP configuration.

@breinonline
Thank you for your lovely card in Post 50.

How did you create the buttons away and level 1-3 at the bottom of the image? I can’t find the symbols on mdi.
Thank you.

1 Like