Zemismart Zigbee Dongle

does anyone got this woring with zibee2mqtt dongle

If i am not mistaken, this should be a zigbee repeater, not coordinator. You still need a coordinator and extend the range with this repeater.

Itā€™s for my roller blinds going from rf to zigbee.
So mine blinds(rf) connect to my zigbee dongle. Dongle connect to a hub.
But I donā€™t got a tuya hub.
And I thought itā€™s easy with Zigbee2mqtt to add a new device. But itā€™s a bit complicated for my doing

You can buy a cheap zigbee coordinator (cc2531) and pair your rf hub with coordinator and hopefully it might expose your blinds. There are many hopes in this :slight_smile:

That dongle is not a router, it is an zigbee rf bridge. botany112 seems to have zigbee2mqtt already, but canā€™t get the dongle to work with zigbee2mqtt.

Jup. I got Zigbee2mqtt with cheap CC2531. That dongle isnā€™t supported. So I have to add new device. But somehow I canā€™t get to work.
Using Zigbee2mqtt addonā€¦

Try here :

Already done that. But no one is responding on it. This is it.

Iā€™ve also got the same issue (but with a different motor), stuck at about the same place. Sorry nothing useful to add just yet.

1 Like

i just order a 20 euro tuya hub. going to use it with a hub until it works with zigbee2mqtt

Did you get it working via tuya hub? Does this require tuya cloud or can you connect to hub locally?

Got same dongle for blind motor. I can connect to dongle via ZHA integration using ConBee II, but it has no entities and wont allow me to add any devices via the ā€˜add device using this device optionā€™ so looking for local options to get into HA.

hi i just got the hub.
it connect to the hub. and i can control the blind motor.
now i have to connect the hub with homeassistant( Trying to figure that out)

Donā€™t try the new official tuya integration, it does not support covers. Either the old tuya integration (now in HACS) or the HACS Tuya v2 integration.

Canā€™t I make a scene? So open scene. Close scene and half open scene?

I think so. In the old tuya integration scenes always worked, even if the device itself did not work.

so got it installed, had to modify and 3d prints parts. ( holland roller blinds)
i can tell: open and close scene work, but 50% open scene doesnt work . have to figure that one out.

Got it working.
Made 3 scenes ; open, stop, close
Made automation with with delay. So itā€™s stop had 50% ishā€¦ Now the rest of the house.

i useintergration for controlling it

Sorry to hi-jack this post, i got the same dongle and i have a compatible blind motor from zemismart
However i didnt buy their zigbee gateway.
I am unsure how to add the motor to the dongle. I added the dongle through ZHA but after that im kinda lost
Can anyone help?

I donā€™t use zha. I use Zigbee2mqtt addon.
and the way you use the dongle is: add dongle to zigbee hub. Then add the blinds to the dongle.
So you first have to connect that dongle to a hub.

@botany112 - How did you add the blind to the dongle? Was your solution to buy a Tuya hub or did you get it working directly with a CC2521?

The instructions tell us to put the motor into pairing mode and then press UP on the App, which presumably sends UP though zigbee that gets bridget to an RF UP signal.

How did you get the dongle to send an RF UP signal?

I am using zha currently and cannot see a way to send an UP. Here is my original post.