ZHA - Can't bind lights to Philips Hue dimmer switch

So far I’ve been using deCONZ with my Conbee II, but its rigidity (especially the web interface) and the not too optimal integration with HA drove me to try ZHA.

Installation went fine (although the documentation could use a few more pointers regarding groups, binding, etc.), and all my devices are connected. This includes 8x OSRAM RGB/CCT bulbs (though they appear as Ledvance, guess the rebranding hit the firmware but not the packaging), three Hue RGB/CCT bulbs, a Xiaomi climate sensor, a Hue button, and two Hue dimmer switches (the one with the four buttons).

I was able to bind the Hue button, and it works just fine. Single clicks toggle the light group I bound it to, long presses control dimming.

However I can’t seem to get the dimmer switches to work. I’ve used this guide for the button, which worked (needed a few button presses for the binding to stick), however doing the same to the dimmer remote, nothing happens. I’ve tried multiple times, including binding to other groups, or just single lights, without luck.

Has any of you successfully bound a Hue dimmer switch to lights, light groups?

Try unbinding the Dimmer from the Zigbee Coordinator first.

Did you ever get this working? I can’t seem to get the dimmer bound to groups or devices. There’s no errors in the zha debug log, but also no info messages, which makes me think it’s not even sending the bind command out to the ZigBee network.

Scratch that! I’m seeing Status.TABLE_FULL responses in the log now.

Unfortunately no, I gave up with the binding and just made automations that respond to button press. It’s a bit annoying, and makes it impossible to use the switches on the off chance my HA instance isn’t running, but at least it works.

1 Like

I added a service to zha_toolkit to remove all existing bindings: zha_toolkit.binds_remove_all .

Hello,
Someone have solution for this ? My dimmer switch want also not connect.
Deconz worked fine but with zha no chance.
Greetings

I just replied in a similar topic: How to Bind? - #33 by le_top .