🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

It’s working perfectly now, thank you!

1 Like

Hi @lukkigi, I’m happy to hear that, you’re welcome! :smiley:

Hey Matteo,

i’m trying to use “long press” functionality with “loop until release” flag activated.
Without loop it’s ok, just decrease the brightness with each long press correctly.
With loop it’s too fast so a long press of about 3 seconds is enough to turn off light (with a rapid sequence of decreases in brightness).

Is it possible to add a “loop delay” in order to decrease the brightness every X second while still controlling the “long press”?

I tried to edit by myself but i’m not able to implement the “delay” part in this sequence (and the other one):

- repeat:
              sequence: !input action_up_long
              until: '{{ not button_up_long_loop }}'

Also adding a new input to select the delay would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi @napalmz, thank you for your feedback. :slight_smile:

In this Controller blueprint, delay control for custom actions is left to users: in the provided custom action sequence, users can add a delay action at the end, e.g.:

action_up_long:
- <your_sequence>
- delay:
    milliseconds: 250

Just a note, are you using the Light Hook, or implementing the feature with custom actions on this blueprint?

Thanks!

Hi Matteo,

thank you for your help, i’ve done this way and works great:

action_up_long:
      - type: brightness_increase
        device_id: 7b95dc0138cd5f3d5a2d4bde38a21011
        entity_id: light.dimmable_light_5
        domain: light
      - delay:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 0
          milliseconds: 500

Hi @napalmz,

sorry for my late response, you’re welcome, I’m happy to hear that everything runs great. :+1:

By the way, I’d suggest you using the Light Hook for controlling your lights, since it already includes all the features for controlling light brightness and color:

The only thing currently missing, which for you might be relevant, is the ability to indicate the number of steps to control brightness from 0% to 100%, which would allow a finer and more precise brightness control for the connected light.

I’ll add this useful functionality to the Light Hook in the next days. I’ll let you know as soon as the feature gets implemented so you could give it a try if you’re interested in it. :+1:

Ok, i’ll give it a try!

Thank you

1 Like

Here i am again!
I have a problem when I activate “Expose up button double press event”: the controller stops working.
In order to use the Light Hook with the function of restoring the brightness of the light after switching off, I wanted to put that the double pressure of the keys sets the light to maximum / minimum.
However, if the option “double press event” is activated, nothing works anymore.
I was wondering if I need to activate it or if I just map the double press on the controller without activating the option.

Thank you

Hi @napalmz, thank you for reporting.

if you want to expose a double press event, you should also provide a valid text input for the helper_last_controller_event input. This is used to store the last controller event and check if the same button has been pressed twice in a row.

You can find more info in the docs. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

i didn’t used that because it says “(ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT, double press action Required)” and i’m using Deconz. I’ll try!

Yeah, it’s required when using ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT or a double press action. :slight_smile:

Maybe that’s a little confusing, we should find a way to better state that the helper is required with any integration, when using virtual double press events.

Please let me know if that solves your issue!

I have configured the text input and I see it changing value when I press the button, so that is ok.

However, if I press the button twice, with a delay of 1000ms, I get the result as if it were a single press.
Increasing to 2500ms is the same, it performs single action after 2.5s.
In the Light Hook I read that the double pressure corresponds to the change of color so it is not explained why instead it turns the light on / off.
Maybe I have to set the action in the controller instead? Or would I conflict with the hook again?

Thank you

Hi @napalmz,

Please try to wait a few moments before pressing the button for the second time, since the controller does not fire the second press event when clicks are too close to each other. If even after clicking the button a little slower you’re still getting the short press action triggered instead of the double press one, increase the value for the Helper - Double Press delay input.

Thank you!

Hi I tried to use your blueprint but the long press action doesn’t work. I’m using the Zigbee2MQTT integration. Firstly I tried to change brightness of my lightbulbs but later on I just tried to use the long action to just turn it on, nothing worked. In the history of the automation I can see that it triggers when I make the long press but as was said nothing happens. (the short action works fine)

Hi @Flagun,

I’m sorry for what you’re experiencing with this blueprint.
Could you please provide the YAML for the automation you are having issues with?

Thank you!

description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/ikea_e1743.yaml
  input:
    integration: Zigbee2MQTT
    controller_entity: sensor.0x000d6ffffee470bb_action
    action_button_up_long:
      - type: brightness_increase
        device_id: 8634008f52261c1542dba301757e4c62
        entity_id: light.living_room
    button_up_long_loop: false
    action_button_up_short:
      - type: turn_on
        brightness_pct: 10
        flash: short
    action_button_down_short:
      - type: turn_off
    action_button_down_long:
      - type: brightness_decrease
    button_down_long_loop: false
    action_button_down_release: []

Here you go

Hi @Flagun, sorry for my late response.
Thank you for posting. The automation config looks good to me.

Do you notice any entries related to this blueprint in the Home Assistant logs?

Moreover, to check that this is not an issue with the light integration, could you please check if the following configuration for the action_button_up_long input works as expected?

action_button_up_long:
  - service: persistent_notification.create
    data:

This should create a web notification in the Home Assistant frontend whenever the up button is long pressed.

Thank you!

Hi

I tried to configure an automation with this blueprint - hoping that a double press on the off/down button could power off multiple bulbs.

The Automation code:

- id: '1617696315852'
  alias: Indkørsel - sluk alt udelys (BP)
  description: Dobbeltklik på sluk - slukker både indkørsel og fordør
  use_blueprint:
    path: EPMatt/ikea_e1743.yaml
    input:
      integration: deCONZ
      controller_device: 289eff47b12c36ea2065aa727ea04beb
      action_button_down_double:
      - service: light.turn_off
        target:
          entity_id:
          - light.outdoor_frontdoor
          - light.outdoor_driveway
      helper_double_press_delay: 2000

But for some reason the specified entities are not powered off ?

With the new trace tool in 2021.4.0, I see:

Not sure how to proceed from here …

Regards
Brian

Tried to add this:

action_button_down_double:
      - service: persistent_notification.create
        data:

Gives no notification in WebUI on double press

Trying to add similar code for single press gives two notifications for single press (both clicks within 2 seconds)

I got two entries in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.controller_ikea_e1743_on_off_switch_dimmer
Source: helpers/script.py:1156
Integration: Automatyzacja (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 2 kwietnia 2021, 22:19:36 (226 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:09:47

Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer: Choose at step 2: choice 5: Choose at step 1: choice 1: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 1: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer: Choose at step 2: choice 5: Error executing script. Invalid data for choose at pos 1: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer: Error executing script. Invalid data for choose at pos 2: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer: Choose at step 2: choice 2: Choose at step 1: choice 1: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 1: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Controller - IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer: Choose at step 2: choice 2: Error executing script. Invalid data for choose at pos 1: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.controller_ikea_e1743_on_off_switch_dimmer
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:416
Integration: Automatyzacja (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 2 kwietnia 2021, 22:19:36 (76 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:09:47

Error while executing automation automation.controller_ikea_e1743_on_off_switch_dimmer: UndefinedError: 'trigger' is undefined
Error while executing automation automation.controller_ikea_e1743_on_off_switch_dimmer: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']