šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea E1744 SYMFONISK rotary remote Universal blueprint - all actions - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

It being a single repo isnā€™t an issue imho, but only having 1 person who maintains it is :wink:

Yes, I must have written the last post in haste as it wasnā€™t clear. :slight_smile: Single-person managed repo.

1 Like

Hi guys, Iā€™d like to set up the Symfonisk wheel to control my Sonos soundbar as usual with an addition of the single press acting as a pause/play on my NVIDIA shield (connected to the same TV). Is this something I should be able to do?

Yes, you can do that. I did find the performance for controlling volume unacceptable however, but that might be different depending on which media device youā€™re controlling (in my case itā€™s a Marantz AVP). Also the Symfonisk rotary misfires the incorrect direction periodically - and Iā€™ve been unable to de-bounce these spurious directions using the blueprint.

Okay it looks like I got ahead of myself as I still havenā€™t got the controller-hook working. Iā€™ve followed the documetation and feel like I have everything set up correctly but the issue Iā€™m getting is the controller isnā€™t talking to the hook. As shown in the screen shots attached, the Controller Log is picking up actions on the rotary remote. Any suggestions on what mistake Iā€™ve made?

Note the Iā€™m using a newly purchased SkyConnect dongle to connect the rotary remote - it was working fine with the Sonos Arc using there Ikea Hub.

Right - worked out that I hadnā€™t created the necessary helper file, my bad!

Clicks on the remote are working but Iā€™m now having trouble with the volume control. Iā€™ve tried with and without the Hook and in both cases the wheel isnā€™t changing the volume.

When I use the Controller alone Iā€™ve found that running the the volume up and down actions makes the speaker respond so Iā€™m comfortable Iā€™ve got that aspect set up correctly. Also log on Device page shows that itā€™s picking up when I make changes in the remoteā€¦ any suggestions?

Just on my post above, I was meant to say that Iā€™ve made this change and itā€™s still not working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Iā€™m advance.

Edit:
Right! Resolved. I missed this post by drsound. Thanks for your work with this @drsound :+1:

Apologies all for spamming this thread over the past 24 hours :slight_smile:

šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea E1744 SYMFONISK rotary remote Universal blueprint - all actions - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #143 by drsound

1 Like

Hello,
My media player automation using a IKEA Symfonisk knob (via Deconz) doesnā€™t work properly anymore (it worked fine for at least a year or so).
The controller automation does not capture the rotation stop events from Deconz. I still see the 2003 & 3003 deconz_events, but the controller does not pass them to the media player, i.e. there is no rotate_stop event from ahb_controller_event. The media player automation loops until it reaches the maximum allowed number of iterations - in practice my volume goes super low or super high because it does not detect the stop rotation event.
Has anyone seen that recently and do you know how to fix it ?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi Matt, refer to my last post referencing drsoundā€™s post. Heā€™s created a new blueprint that makes things workā€¦

1 Like

Hi,

The volume setting on media player hook is absolutely not working for me. I donā€™t even see any action in traces debug menu. In ZHA / entity log I see event when I rotate the knob.

Here is the entity I am trying to control:

Play/pause by single click is working fine after I added some debuncing.

What can be the problem?

Hello everyone,

I put my E1744 symfonisk controller via zigbee2mqtt, and these blueprint but they are very sensitives.

Do you know how to change sensitive ?

Thanks

Good day to all.
I have installed the Blueprint and works ok-ishh.
here is my setup:

the issue Ī™ā€™m having with this setup is that i have a small delay in the bulbs. first open or closes the left and after some seconds.

Is there a better way to fix the delay?

PS: Iā€™ve tried to group them together but the Blueprint menu does not see it.

I set this up with the rotary controller about a year ago and it was working fine for a dimmable light. The battery died and I left it until today, now when I turn the knob the brightness steps all the way up/down, can anyone help?

Thanks

Mine stopped working recently after changing the battery and doing a Z2M upgrade. Not sure which, if either of these, introduced the problem.

I can see the rotate_stop command in the mqtt server but it isnā€™t coming through in the ahb_controller event (that is, I only get the rotate_left event and not the rotate_stop at the end of the rotation). Attempted all sorts of different values to de-bounce but that has no impact.

Last item in my home before I can kill the IKEA hub for good is one of these rotary remotes. I use it to control my sonos speaker. From glancing through this thread, I have a feeling that Iā€™m not gonna be able to use it properly with ZHA. Did anyone ever succeed making it function as it does with the IKEA app ?

How can I import this blueprint?

By clicking on the link in the first post in this topic.

You donā€™t want to.
The author is no longer available to support itā€¦

Well it seems to be the only one for the device for Z2M. Or is there a better one. Otherwise I would try it and use it as long as it works.

Following - also looking for a solution to get this device to work outside of IKEAs ecosystem. Please tag me if you find a solution