šŸ” ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint (Redux)

I have the same issue. It used to work fine, but since around the time I updated the firmware on the remote, this has been an issue for me.

1 Like

@Bjarne thatā€™s a great point! I didnā€™t connect the two events, but I did recently upgrade the firmware to 2.4.11. RELEASE NOTES

Hi both.

Well thatā€™s not ideal(!)
Could you check the input helper and see what events are coming through?
If you have the history, maybe we could compare the messages from before the upgrade?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. After further research, sounds like a Z2MQTT issue that will be resolved in the next stable update.

Phew! Thatā€™s good news

I have these two entries in my logbook, which is probably the best I can conjure up at the moment.

After firmware update:
fenjas_remote_last_controller_event changed to {"a":"brightness_move_down","t":1717842132.865108} triggered by automation Controller - Fenjas loftlys remote triggered by event 'state_changed'

Before firmware update:
fenjas_remote_last_controller_event changed to {"a":"off","t":1717779706.343913} triggered by automation Controller - Fenjas loftlys remote triggered by event 'state_changed'

So it seems to me that Z2MQTT thinks a button_down_short action is a button_down_long action instead.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Has the problem been resolved now?

Updated z2m to 1.39.01 and was able to bind again , and everything worked againā€¦firmware 1.0.024 and 2.4.11 havenā€™t been able to update to latest 2.4.15.

Hi all.

A new version of the Light Hook has been released.
It adds a new feature.

In its current version the light hook allows the color temperature to be changed to values that are not support by the light bulbs. Reaching values far outside this range will require the user to press the opposite button, potentially overshooting in the other direction.

I added a clamping mechanism similar to the brightness minimum and maximum. Additionally, I added a feature toggle that is deactivated by default, in order to prevent any breaking changes.

It has been tested by them and myself with no issues.

Enjoy and thanks to Botastic for the contribution

1 Like

Fixed for me!

Now long press up/down doesnā€™t work. Still troubleshooting why.

I have successfully installed the Blueprint and Light Hook which I connected to a Helper Group containing my 6 Table lights. Everything works except for the dimming. When I hold Dim down or up it just dims the lights all the way down until they turn off, even if I let go of the button. Or it dims them all the way back up.

Any ideas?

This was happening to me until I changed from epmatt to lsismeiro epmatt no longer supports.

Thank you, I checked it but it says it is no longer supported

I think you made an issue on the Github, we can continue there.

I would like to give two styrbars the exact same automation. Is ist possible to select two or more styrbars to mirror their controll?

Hello and Welcome.

Maybe you could create a template input helper that takes the input from either?
Iā€™m not sure how that would effect the ā€œController Deviceā€ if you are using ZHA/deCONZ.
Otherwise, best iā€™ve got is to duplicate the automation.

Hi @LewisSpring,

For some reason doublepress buttons stopped working. And for the life of me, I have no clue how to troubleshoot. I played a bit with delays, didnā€™t seem to do much difference.
The things that have changed somewhere around that it stopped working is some updates of HA and Z2M. Also I changed from Eszp to Ember driver.

In the traces, the second press gets a ā€˜falseā€™ result. So it is registeredā€¦ just doesnā€™t do anything anymore.

Could you help me troubleshoot? What would you like me to share?

Thanks

Hi
Please confirm you are using the latest blueprint from GitHub - lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints: A curated collection of automation blueprints for Home Assistant.

This is what resolved it for Z2M previously: šŸ” ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint (Redux) - #10 by bmk

Should this work as a dimmer with a long press? I cannot get it working. It dims only one step and thats it. For the same button is also registered toggle light command. Enabling loop doesnā€™t make it any better.

Grab the Light Hook automation, itā€™s designed alongside the Controller automation and provide dimming and such.
Hope that helps

1 Like