šŸ” ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint (Redux)

This blueprint is part of the Awesome HA Blueprints Redux project.
This is a repository fork to include community fixes to the original code, all credits to the original developer. As the original documentation is still online, many links return there. The only thing that changes is the repository (EPMatt :arrow_right:lsismeiro) and the fixes under the hood.

Updates will be published on the projectā€™s GitHub repository .

:arrow_down: Get Started

Option 1: My Home Assistant

Click the badge to import this Blueprint (needs Home Assistant Core 2021.3 or higher)

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Option 2: Direct Link

Copy this link if you want to import the blueprint in your installation.

:link: Blueprint URL

:page_facing_up: Description

This blueprint provides universal support for running any custom action when a button is pressed on the provided IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control. Supports controllers integrated with deCONZ, ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT. Just specify the integration used to connect the remote to Home Assistant when setting up the automation, and the blueprint will take care of all the rest.

In addition of being able to provide custom actions for every kind of button press supported by the remote, the blueprint allows to loop the long press actions while the corresponding button is being held. Once released, the loop stops. This is useful when holding down a button should result in a continuous action (such as lowering the volume of a media player, or controlling a light brightness).

The blueprint also adds support for virtual double button press events, which are not exposed by the controller itself.

Automations created with this blueprint can be connected with one or more Hooks supported by this controller.
Hooks allow to easily create controller-based automations for interacting with media players, lights, covers and more. See the list of Hooks available for this controller for additional details.

:closed_book: Full Documentation

Full documentation regarding requirements, inputs and more is available here .

Docs provide all the information you need to properly configure this blueprint on your instance.

:electric_plug: Available Hooks

:bulb: Light

This Hook blueprint allows to build a controller-based automation to control a light. Supports brightness and color control both for white temperature and rgb lights.

Light Hook docs

:loud_sound: Media Player

This Hook blueprint allows to build a controller-based automation to control a media player. Supports volume setting, play/pause and track selection.

Media Player Hook docs

For the previous thread by EPMatt, containing threads about both the EPMatt version and support with the Redux version before 2024-05-30, :video_game: ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - Blueprints Exchange - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

4 Likes

Thank you for this. I recently resurrected two E2002s for use as a living room remote.

Iā€™m running into an issue with a single click which is being interpreted as a long press. This is up, down, left, or right. Is this some issue with the input text helper? Or a delay in Z2Mqtt?

Not sure how to even begin troubleshooting and so far Iā€™m very disappointed with the hardware. The blueprint runs properly for the action it thinks the button is performing!

I have the same issue. It used to work fine, but since around the time I updated the firmware on the remote, this has been an issue for me.

1 Like

@Bjarne thatā€™s a great point! I didnā€™t connect the two events, but I did recently upgrade the firmware to 2.4.11. RELEASE NOTES

Hi both.

Well thatā€™s not ideal(!)
Could you check the input helper and see what events are coming through?
If you have the history, maybe we could compare the messages from before the upgrade?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. After further research, sounds like a Z2MQTT issue that will be resolved in the next stable update.

Phew! Thatā€™s good news

I have these two entries in my logbook, which is probably the best I can conjure up at the moment.

After firmware update:
fenjas_remote_last_controller_event changed to {"a":"brightness_move_down","t":1717842132.865108} triggered by automation Controller - Fenjas loftlys remote triggered by event 'state_changed'

Before firmware update:
fenjas_remote_last_controller_event changed to {"a":"off","t":1717779706.343913} triggered by automation Controller - Fenjas loftlys remote triggered by event 'state_changed'

So it seems to me that Z2MQTT thinks a button_down_short action is a button_down_long action instead.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Has the problem been resolved now?

Updated z2m to 1.39.01 and was able to bind again , and everything worked againā€¦firmware 1.0.024 and 2.4.11 havenā€™t been able to update to latest 2.4.15.

Hi all.

A new version of the Light Hook has been released.
It adds a new feature.

In its current version the light hook allows the color temperature to be changed to values that are not support by the light bulbs. Reaching values far outside this range will require the user to press the opposite button, potentially overshooting in the other direction.

I added a clamping mechanism similar to the brightness minimum and maximum. Additionally, I added a feature toggle that is deactivated by default, in order to prevent any breaking changes.

It has been tested by them and myself with no issues.

Enjoy and thanks to Botastic for the contribution

1 Like

Fixed for me!

Now long press up/down doesnā€™t work. Still troubleshooting why.

I have successfully installed the Blueprint and Light Hook which I connected to a Helper Group containing my 6 Table lights. Everything works except for the dimming. When I hold Dim down or up it just dims the lights all the way down until they turn off, even if I let go of the button. Or it dims them all the way back up.

Any ideas?

This was happening to me until I changed from epmatt to lsismeiro epmatt no longer supports.

Thank you, I checked it but it says it is no longer supported

I think you made an issue on the Github, we can continue there.

I would like to give two styrbars the exact same automation. Is ist possible to select two or more styrbars to mirror their controll?

Hello and Welcome.

Maybe you could create a template input helper that takes the input from either?
Iā€™m not sure how that would effect the ā€œController Deviceā€ if you are using ZHA/deCONZ.
Otherwise, best iā€™ve got is to duplicate the automation.

Hi @LewisSpring,

For some reason doublepress buttons stopped working. And for the life of me, I have no clue how to troubleshoot. I played a bit with delays, didnā€™t seem to do much difference.
The things that have changed somewhere around that it stopped working is some updates of HA and Z2M. Also I changed from Eszp to Ember driver.

In the traces, the second press gets a ā€˜falseā€™ result. So it is registeredā€¦ just doesnā€™t do anything anymore.

Could you help me troubleshoot? What would you like me to share?

Thanks

Hi
Please confirm you are using the latest blueprint from GitHub - lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints: A curated collection of automation blueprints for Home Assistant.

This is what resolved it for Z2M previously: šŸ” ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint (Redux) - #10 by bmk