🎮 ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Philips 324131092621 Hue dimmer switch Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

I looked a bit into the commands that the controlller sends, and besides the double clicks I mentioned in my previous post, there is a problem with this blueprint and long presses too. When you do a short press, it sends a ‘short_released’ and a ‘short_pressed’ command (in that order!). When you do a long press, it first sends a ‘short_pressed’, then a series of ‘long_pressed’ (about 1 per second) , and finally a ‘long_released’. So if you want to use both long and short presses of the same button, and the long press is not just a repeat of the short press action, the event you should listen too for the short press action, is the short release.

So, in short, this blueprint collection is very nice for the IKEA buttons, but to work for the Philips dimmers it needs some adaptation.

Hello everybody,

so i got this BP working with the following setup:

LP- On Button - Light 1 on
LP- Off Button - Light 1 off

SP- On Button - Light 2 on
SP- Off Button - Light 2 off

When i press the on button long Light 1 and 2 are on.

Is there a solution to exclusively turn on/off the lights like mentioned in my setup?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

thanks for your code. Appreciate it. Its working so far :+1:

How could I integrate also color change of the lamp (white tones) ?

This blueprint stopped working for me last night. Possibly after a HACS update of something (maybe the zha toolkit?) I can see the remote is still firing events. Any suggestions on how I should debug? I’m still on 2023.1.6 since 2023.2.x has screwed up ZHA Sonoff integration and I haven’t been brave enough to try 2023.3.1 yet

So I think I did what you’re describe, moving the short press action over to release, but I’m still not able to trigger thing with short press when I have double press turned on. Any other hints you can give as to how you fixed this? Thanks!

For those using Z2M, I found that by changing the “Settings (specific)” → legacy = true, the controller works.

2 Likes

thank you for the blueprint. Is there any fix for the double press issue?

for my part is not working. really weird because I can see the integration in the device. The commands are ok in the log of z2mqtt and even the scripts is with the same commands. Any idea?Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.22.54

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.00.42
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 13.00.40

Yeah I’m having issues with double press recently. Is there an issue log for this?

1 Like

I love this blueprint.
Actually, one thing is missing for me.
It would be great to have a time or sun based condition in there.
For example, in my bath, when I press “on” I would like to have the light at 100% when the sun is up, but only 20% when the sun is down.
In the room of my childs, the light should be at 100% between 7 am and 7 pm, and 20% between 7 pm and 7 am.
I would have one automation for each time slot.
Do you think it would be possible to add this?

Maybe you should not be using this blueprint, and instead crafting your own automation. Just a thought. Looks like you have defined your scenarios and parameters already.

This blueprint is for using a switch as a switch, not for creating routines.or automations based on other events. You press a button on the switch to perform a set function, like a light switch would do.
You’d need to create your own spearate automations for conditions like that, or look for a different blueprint to do what you need to do. A light switch doesn’t create routines like that. It’s a switch.
You can use the Events generated by the switch integrated to your own automation to achieve what you want to achieve.

I suggest everyone move over to GitHub - Sian-Lee-SA/Home-Assistant-Switch-Manager: Switch manager is a centralised component to handle button pushes for your wireless switches. This includes anything passed through the event bus. The component relies on switch blueprints which is easily made to allow GUI configuration of your switches and their button pushes. This helps remove clutter from the automations. since that is being actively worked on and is a much more enjoyable experience. The only thing it’s lacking right now is double presses :frowning:

does this blueprint still work?
i’m trying to use it with my 324131092621 switch (just as a basic on/off switch), but when i press a button nothing happens.

Did you activate the legacy mode in Zigbee2MQTT for the Dimmer Switch?

Thank you! I have been trying to get this to work for ages. Changing the switch to legacy=true using the blueprint now works.

1 Like

yes.

however i’m not using “switch manager” which is working nicely

Anyone having problems with double press? I want to have a double press of the off button turn off all my lights (by activating a scene) but it always just chooses the default option (which is what a single press of the off button does - turns off one specific light).

It seems the condition which checks if previous event was a short press does not work.

same for me