ZHA locked up?

It is worthy trying.

Thank you for your help. I was able to install them today without updating bellows and they all work.

Tried to unplug all my switches and power down lights but still no go. Device says it pairs but nothing shows up in the db or home assistant :frowning:

Thank you for the install instructions to update bellows. I did go ahead and run it for another issue I am having as was up to date.

Glad to hear it helped.

You might also be interested in the fantastic work that @Yoda-x is doing updating bellows and the zha component. I’m running a copy in a test environment and it’s looking really promising. Currently it supports a lot of components that bellows does not, and adds LQI and RSSI to your Zigbee bulbs, so you have an idea on your mesh network coverage. For future releases, he is adding updating the state of zigbee bulbs – so if you manually change the power state of a bulb or restart HA the state is updated.

One of my experiences with my USB stick was, that it supports only 8 paired devices as default.
I have a qivicon usb stick flashed with some 5year old zigbee stack. https://community.home-assistant.io/t/eu-usb-sticks-for-the-new-zigbee-component/16718/10
You can easily increase the amount of supported childs with some lines in the bellows code I have now ~20 devices (bulbs, plugs, sensors) in my home.
I assume this restrictions depends on the used zigbee usb stick/device and the installed stack software.
These 4 lines made the difference for me:
yield from self._cfg(c.CONFIG_ADDRESS_TABLE_SIZE, 16 )
yield from self._cfg(c.CONFIG_NEIGHBOR_TABLE_SIZE, 16 )
yield from self._cfg(c.CONFIG_SOURCE_ROUTE_TABLE_SIZE, 32 )
yield from self._cfg(c.CONFIG_MAX_END_DEVICE_CHILDREN, 32 )
have a look in my bellows fork for details

I was actually able to install 31 lights (5 philips hue white, and 26 sengled). I still have a philips hue color paired as well but koto connected to anything.

Are you on version 0.61.1? Are you having any issues with ZHA losing connection and needing to reboot HA to get it back?

Is there any way to use your bellows fork if I’m running hassio? Custom components folder or something? Thanks for all of the zigbee work you’ve done by the way!

Yes I am running 61.1 and not having any issue with locking up.

I believe you ran this update -> pip3 install --upgrade git+git://github.com/rcloran/bellows

were you having any issues prior to running that? Are you running HA in a virtual environment do I need to switch into that to run this? A little concerned about running that update but ever since I switched to 0.61.1 it just locks up all the time now.

@Yoda-x,

Do you plan on merging your bellows and zha work into the official home assistant component?

@MediaCowboy
Yes I do, But currently, with all the last changes from Rcloran and Andreas, I’m not sure where their direction goes. So I’m waiting

1 Like

@Yoda-x just an FYI but I was asked by Rcloran last week to test your commit here and submit a PR if it allows me to pair more than 12 Iris sensors. Do you think you might be able to submit a fix? https://github.com/Yoda-x/bellows/commit/9b31e42b78cad9949930d55f585d9574cea27105

I am honestly not sure how to test this commit as I have never modified code or used a custom component. Would be happy to if I had some direction :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t need the custom component to test the bellows change. Just remove your current bellows and install Yoda-X’s branch:

pip3 install --upgrade git+git://github.com/Yoda-x/bellows

1 Like

Well the request was actually to test the particular commit in the link above without the additional code. I would switch over to Yoda’s branch but I was hoping to get the main zha component updated to allow more nodes. Probably something simple I am not seeing so hopefully it will come to me soon.

That particular commit is in the Yoda-X branch of bellows, not the ZHA component. The device limit would be with bellows, no the ZHA component.

So yes, you just need to remove bellows, switch over to Yoda-X’s branch to test…then you can always easily switch back.

Yes I could do that however Yoda has also made more changes beyond that commit so the test wouldn’t be precise as there is additional code in the code base. I was asked to test only those changes so for me it would be tough to distinguish if other code changes is needed as well for the PR. I know in the commit I can manually make the changes but I am not sure if modifying the file directly in the venv is the right way or not. I am no developer but I do know my way around lol.

Oh boy, don’t worry about the other changes and make things harder on yourself than it needs to be!

But if you insist, change zigbee/application.py in your venv to the contents of this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Yoda-x/bellows/9b31e42b78cad9949930d55f585d9574cea27105/bellows/zigbee/application.py

2 Likes

@walt I am a QA guy lol, I need things to be precise when I test so I don’t mind the extra work lol…thank you for confirming what I thought needed to be done. I am new to some of this but I should be able to do what I need now so thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like